View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2023, 06:51 PM
death incarnate

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: sweet dream in sea major (open)

[ @KamiSxmx ]

✦a strange blue-black tomcat with navy eyes.

the waves ebbed and flowed in a rhythm that the tom had grown familiar with. his breathing slipped into the same slow and careful pace.

paw steps interrupted his perfect melancholy melody, where he sat at the edge of land and stared into the deep. part of him wondered what stared back, beyond the dark barrier that was the crashing tide.

"stranger?"

he lifted his head. the voice was familiar, but he could not quite place it. . .

his navy gaze alighted upon the rosette-pelted jack, recognition lightening his sceptical look. eerie. how many moons had it been? a few, at least. he could tell, because the paler tom no longer smelled of asphalt and roads, instead, she smelled of the forest and sea breeze. the night-furred tom dipped his head. his faint smile was almost imperceptible. "it is not every day my paths cross with the same cat twice. greetings, eerie. has fate fared you well?"
he tilted his head.

the strange tom had aged a lifetime in the few short moons it had been since they had last spoken. . . the grey in his fur was far more noticeable now, and although it always had (or, at least as long as eerie had known him, which wasn't long) looked like stars dotting his pelt, it was especially vivid now.

end.

[]

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"That's more motivation than I've ever heard from you. . . well, if you won't say it, I will. Good-bye, Zagreus."

Last edited by redshiftreign; March 21st, 2023 at 06:52 PM.