View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2018, 10:53 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@king kaleb!

Nightpaw padded along with her clanmates in silence, keeping close to Daydream. The medicine cat had returned the Shadowclan camp after a long, long walk that had started to make Nightpaw worry if her friend was ok. It turned out, she had been right to worry. Daydream had returned to camp about as far from ok as a cat could get, and had shared the horrible truth that Geckoleaf, Juniperpaw's old mentor and Daydream's closest friend... practically a parent, had died at Daydream's paws. Since then, the usually grouchy but soft-hearted cat had been...broken somehow. Nightpaw had been at a loss trying to comfort them. Nothing she said could make this better. She couldn't say or do anything to bring Geckoleaf back, or even stop her friend's pain... As they walked, Nightpaw kept her tail draped over Daydream's back, sparing the occasional worried, sideways glance at the enby as she tried to hold the utter helplessness she felt gnawing away at her insides. Daydream... can't I do anything to help? It's just not fair that this keeps happening to you... I'd fight away your grief with my own claws and teeth if I could. Just then, the scent of Thunderclan caught the young shecat's nose, and she lifted her head, trying to spot then in the dim light. A sudden breeze swept past her face and nearly blew her ears inside out as she did and she squeezed. It smelled like rain was coming.
they were hurting. they didnt know what to say or do at this point. they walked with their head close to the ground, letting their gaze go no higher than to see what was infront of them. they could feel nightpaws gaze settling in them. they knew she was worried. they knew she cared. they knew she felt helpless. but so did they. they had no one but her at the moment. they had lost the only cat that they could really call their mother. they walked into the gathering with nightpaw at their side. ever since they had confessed the news she hadnt left their side it seems like. they didnt mind, they ddint want to lose her too, even if it seemed like they were pushing her away. they stayed silent, amber hues focusing on the ground ahead of them, nightpaws tail being the only thing really guiding them. they grew tired. they were tired of losing, and losing, instead of gaining. they felt so lonely. geckoleaf had been their everything, a mother, a friend, a mentor. and all of that was gone. they could still feel how her cold fur felt along their tongue as they groomed her fur. how cold she felt..so lifeless. a cat that once healed a clan, was now dead. no search party, no hassle. its as if she never existed or no one cared. it made them bitter. the moisture of the air flooded their nose. rain. at this point they didnt mind getting their fur wet. after all, what was the point anymore ?