View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:50 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melody View Post
Snowstar took a deep breath when she was called into the den, but she paused for a split second. Now that wasn't Russetstar's voice, was it? She struggled to remember what the RiverClan Tom had sounded like. But she didn't have to think for long - This other cat's next words had clarified what she'd already guessed. Snowstar paused, confused, before ducking into the den, ears pricking. Her gaze drifted around, staying slightly close to the entrance, before her ice blue eyes landed on Fallenstream. She came up blank for a moment before realizing - This was the deputy, correct? Yes, she was sure. Quite sure. So what was the deputy doing in the leader's den? Snowstar realized she hadn't spoken for quite some time and shook her head to clear it. "Um.. Right. You're... The deputy, right?" She paused, recalling the Tom's earlier words. Russetstar is no longer in this den. No longer in this den? Does that mean... "Oh, um.. I'm... Sorry. Did something happen to Russetstar?"

She sounded puzzled and faintly concerned, wide ice blue eyes meeting Fallenstream's gaze. Well, whatever change, if there was one, must have been recent, as Snowstar hadn't heard anything about Russetstar resigning or... Worse, perhaps. She hoped it was the former and not the latter - She'd never wish death on any cat, not even the rabbit-chasing leader of WindClan himself. She just didn't have that kind of fire in her. Never had, never will. Sure, she'd fight WindClan, and if necessary, and only if necessary, she would... Be prepared to kill for her Clanmates. But still. Snowstar just wasn't that kind of cat, the kind of cat to wish death on someone, or to want to kill them, to want someone dead.. She didn't have that. It wasn't her. And thinking that something had happened to Russetstar immediately had her stomach twisting violently with both concern and horror and disbelief - But she had to remind herself she didn't know anything yet. For all she knew, the Tom was fine. She just had to wait for an answer from Fallenstream.

The tom dipped his head in greeting and gave her a strained smile, the word 'deputy' left a taint in his soul, it still didn't sound right when it was directed or coming from him. " I was the deputy...now I've taken Russetstar's place, and don't worry, he's perfectly fine, he just stepped down because of the stress." he stated, his tail tip flicking as he watched the white, brown dusted molly look around the den. After a few moments of silence he took a deep breath and shifted on his haunches "Well...if it was specifically for Russetstar than I can call for him...he'd probably love to help out however he could." he began "But if it involves Riverclan as a whole, you will be speaking with me." his warm voice now suddenly turned cold, no more soft, strained smile plastered on his face. All the welcoming warmth that he had been taught to use at a young age had vanished, his voice was now stern and held a little threat in it, not much, but just enough to let the Thunderclan leader know that he was serious about his place, or at least to convince both himself and her that she was serious. His lapis hues, which were once warm, were now cold and if one looked closely, seemed as though the were glowing. Fallenstream had learned this from his father, this two faced lie, how to seem welcoming and promising, then in the next seconds turn cold and dangerous, seems as though the ebony felines father had left the ebony feline with a few more lessons that he had originally thought.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us