Thread: Travelers home
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2018, 09:59 PM
♫Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat♫

My Mood: Hungry
Default Re: Travelers home

Clover cracked her eyes open, her mouth gaping into a soundless yawn. She rolled her body onto her back, and stretched all her limbs that were stiff from sleep into the air. After a while of laying half awake, she finally decided to rise from her temporary nest that laid in the crook of two large roots protruding from the ground. Breathing in the scents around her, she was able to make out the scent of mice, and not just one. It was a whole nest! From the looks of it, the mouse nest laid underneath the layer of pine straw that coated the whole forest. She trotted happily, but quietly towards the nest, keeping her small frame close to the ground. She calculated her movement for a moment, then uncoiled the muscles in her haunches to propel herself into the mouse nest. Her claws unsheathed midair, and dug into the moving lumps under the pine straw once she had landed. She felt her claws dig into two separate mouses, and carefully sent a powerful nip onto each mouse to finish it off. Once they had been killed, she dug mouses' bodies out from under the pine straw, and quickly devoured one. Looking at the remaining mouse, she gave a small huff feeling too full to eat more. I'm pretty sure I smelled some cats on the way here, and I'd hate to waste this. I suppose it'd be best to give this to them. After all, everyone has to eat. She thought back to the scents she had passed on the way to her resting place for last night, and felt a want to be helpful to them. If she remembered right, these scents were coming from an old shed. She grabbed the fresh kill with her mouth, before setting off in the direction of the shed she had passed.
Before walking too long, she came within sight of the shed. She slowed her pace as she approached the shed, careful to watch for anyone that might attack her. @Broken Madness