View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2017, 03:25 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
The apprentice blinked the sleepiness from his eyes, gazing at the sky. It was nice and clear, the weather having cleared today seemingly by fate. Huh, conveinient. Ebonypaw gazed up at his mentor, his tail curling around his paws. The clouds were white, drifting slowly across the blue sky. It was too bright for his usual likings, but after all the rain it was okay. A good day for hunting, maybe. The prey would probably be out and about due to the weather. He had a respect, not connection, for his mentor. He wasn't a.. friend, more a wise tom who he learned from and then left. He was slightly unnerved by his silence, but shrugged off the feeling as he thought it was stupid. "Good morning, Flintheart." He replied, tail flicking. He seemed restless, like he wanted to get out of the den and run around and hunt. He pricked his ears, nodding. He dispised the weather haulting his training, and thanked StarClan for the nice weather today. He was glad, the weather was warm and nice. Ebonypaw preferred warmth, surprisingly with his black pelt. "Thank StarClan, time to get out of that stuffy den." He mewed, fluffing out his fur. He followed his mentors gaze, seeing a woodland area he thought he'd be hunting. A good spot, from what he knew. He stood quickly to his paws, eager and restless to go out and hunt. He liked his mentors maturity, he wouldn't have respected a bubbly kit-like mentor who babied them. "I think.. I want to practice hunting, I'm not that good at it.." he admitted, shuffling his paws slightly. He hated telling cats his weaknesses, besides Ivorypaw obviously. He gazed up at his mentor, waiting for his reply to his request. Fighting he was decent at, but hunting he was bad at.
Flintheart peered at the smaller male out of the corner of his eye for a quiet moment, listening to him admit about hunting. “Then it is decided.” The mentor remarked, his tail flicking behind him as he spoke, “Follow me, please.” The senior was strict and stubborn, but he had the decency to have manners. He wasn’t a savage or anything like that, otherwise he’d be as bad as the cats in the Dark Forest. A low yawn came from the older male, his jaws widening to display his sharp teeth as he stretched to his paws. Unlike other cats, Flintheart didn’t sleep most nights, far too awake with things swarming in his mind. Flintheart looked at Ebonypaw for a moment, thinking about something and then huffing, beginning to walk past him. “By the end of the day, I will make sure that you know all the basics of hunting.” He explained, his ear twitching ever so slightly with each step. Flintheart had the determination, the motive, the audacity to make this apprentice, his apprentice, the best warrior this clan had ever seen.

[ Continued in Thunderclan Territory ]