View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2017, 05:47 PM
xmas and new yrs

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Ivorypaw purred, seeing her name on his maw. The she-cat flicked her tail and straitened up. Her gaze fixed intently on his lips as he spoke his name. She flinched and drew back a moment as he snarled, then realized that he was actually demonstrating his name, and wasn't angry with her. Growl? Hiss? No, that looked more like a snarl. So snarl... Her bi-colored eyes watched his next moment eagerly. He was gesturing to his teeth. Snarlteeth? Hmm, that sounded weird, even in her head. "Snarltooth? Snarlfang? Snarl...teeth?" Ivorypaw asked herself in a soft voice, wondering which one was it. Or if she was even on the right track.
Snarlfang cursed silently in his head when he saw his apprentice flinch back away from him. Mouse-dung! I should have warned her first. Or something. His upset expression faded immediately as she looked at him eagerly, softly whispering her guesses. He wanted to nod as she said Snarlfang, but figured it might be hard for Ivorypaw to pick out which one he was nodding to. Snarlfang closed his eyes a moment before flicking them back open. The tom had an idea.

"Wait right here." He said for a moment, wondering if she could hear him or not. He sniffed the air, he needed to find a snake. The only way he knew to get Ivorypaw to not guess tooth or teeth would be a snake. Lucky for the tom, a small rat snake was in the grass nearby. The ginger cat pounced on it and killed it swiftly. He picked it up and brought it back towards Ivorypaw. He pried open its jaws carefully, revealing the snake's fangs. He snarled again before flicking his tail to one of the snake fangs. "Snarl-fang." He said slowly. He would still be happy if she got his name mostly right even. Snarlfang was just happy he was finding a way to communicate with his apprentice, and teach them.

Mention me if you don't think I saw it