View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
To be truthful with himself, in the moment of fighting that elderly cat, he had felt nothing. He was fighting for his clan, fighting for the safety of others, there was nothing in his head but to defeat whatever opponent had come his way, and that's what he did. Perhaps now, when he had time to think about it, he could feel guilt in not feeling pity or sadness for that older cat, but in the battle. He was a warrior, a leader, protecting his clan. The age, condition, whatever of the cat he was fighting was irrelevant at the time. But he wouldn't tell anyone this, no one would know. That would remain his own secret. "Perhaps, but isn't there one already with their name? The one from Windclan? I'm not sure, I was never quite fully introduced to any of them." The tom chuckled out quietly. Perhaps he should get to know the other clans medicine cats? Then again, when did he ever actually have the time to do such a thing? Leaders didn't have much time to converse with others at gatherings, it was more about sharing their news and letting their clanmates converse more than anything. But maybe he'll talk with them one day. Flicking his ear, he cleared his thoughts to pay attention to what Shinefang was asking him, falling quiet for a moment in thought.

And a long moment passed before Grousestar finally opened his mouth to speak again, though his eyes were focused on the den floor rather than at the other tom. "I think both of them were in the wrong for what has gone on between them. Both of them have a right to be angry at each other. And they have a right to wish to go to battle against each other. But I believe Skyclan has no place with their troubles. We have seen enough bloodshed with the Syndicate, and do not need to be sticking our noses into their business for the sake of picking a side. I believe remaining neutral will do more good for this clan rather than picking one over the other."
"Surgestorm?" Shnefang put in. He'd heard the Windclan medicine cat's name before a few times, but had never met him or had a conversation with him. Still, if he had the chance to talk to him, it might be worth it. "Yeah, that's an idea."

Shinefang listened attentively to Grousestar's words. The leader spoke frankly, but didn't meet his eyes. His ear flicked. He supposed talking to the clan leader about these sorts of issues was part of his duty too, though usually it was more about interpreting signs from Starclan than just giving his own advise, Nevertheless, he did have an opinion here, and he had no problem sharing it. "I have no signs from Starclan to say whether they think that's the right call, but if you ask me, that's the best position you can take. Skyclan has no business going to war this close to leafebare.Thunderclan and Windclan have no business going to war this close to leafbare. All it will do is cost them both warriors and herbs at a time when no clan can afford either. Blazingstar is condeming more of his clanmates to die by having this battle now. And Thunderclan is going to war with untrained apprentice for a medicine cat. Each is biting their own tail in the hopes that it hurts the other. Skyclan is lucky to have you as their leader."