View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Yeah, maybe," Shinefang said evenly. It had been a sad moment for him to fight a cat to old to do more than rant and ramble and land an occasional lucky blow. It had been like looking at himself not to far in the future from now. He sighed. There was time to fret about his age later. "The new moon will be happening here soon. Figure I'll go let some medicine cat do whatever ceremony they've got to do for me to be legitimate. I had hoped that Wheatfur could do it, but plans change I suppose. That Shadowclan medicine cat ought to be close to getting their full name. Suppose I could ask them." The old tom was thinking out loud now, and kind of enjoying having a talk with a cat who wasn't ill. Little beaten and bloodied, but not ill. He enjoyed chatting with Grousetar anyway.

"I'll be sure to let you know if they give me any hints about this nonsense between Thunderclan and Windclan. Have you given any more thought to that mess?" It was something that had been on Shinefang's mind off and on since the gathering, and he wondered where his leader stood on the matter.
To be truthful with himself, in the moment of fighting that elderly cat, he had felt nothing. He was fighting for his clan, fighting for the safety of others, there was nothing in his head but to defeat whatever opponent had come his way, and that's what he did. Perhaps now, when he had time to think about it, he could feel guilt in not feeling pity or sadness for that older cat, but in the battle. He was a warrior, a leader, protecting his clan. The age, condition, whatever of the cat he was fighting was irrelevant at the time. But he wouldn't tell anyone this, no one would know. That would remain his own secret. "Perhaps, but isn't there one already with their name? The one from Windclan? I'm not sure, I was never quite fully introduced to any of them." The tom chuckled out quietly. Perhaps he should get to know the other clans medicine cats? Then again, when did he ever actually have the time to do such a thing? Leaders didn't have much time to converse with others at gatherings, it was more about sharing their news and letting their clanmates converse more than anything. But maybe he'll talk with them one day. Flicking his ear, he cleared his thoughts to pay attention to what Shinefang was asking him, falling quiet for a moment in thought.

And a long moment passed before Grousestar finally opened his mouth to speak again, though his eyes were focused on the den floor rather than at the other tom. "I think both of them were in the wrong for what has gone on between them. Both of them have a right to be angry at each other. And they have a right to wish to go to battle against each other. But I believe Skyclan has no place with their troubles. We have seen enough bloodshed with the Syndicate, and do not need to be sticking our noses into their business for the sake of picking a side. I believe remaining neutral will do more good for this clan rather than picking one over the other."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?