View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2016, 01:08 AM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post
Now it was the small tom's turn. In the ranks, he was fairly bright, a newer spirit, but all the same, not as new as the lives lost in the liberation battles. In life the black and white feline was taken in his early moons by an unknown illness. As much as his mother and father wanted him to live, no matter how many herbs were used, the young tom never got better. It seemed to be a delayed death. Even so, the young feline never went a day without a smile and never went a day without giving something to someone else or helping someone else. He was a good spirit taken too early from the world. With small strides, he padded up to Russetswirl after Aconiteheart joined back with the ranks. His black and white patched pelt was sparkling with the stars, his yellow hues bright with honor and joy.

"Hello Russetswirl, my name's Patchkit! I used to live in Windclan," he meowed cheerily, gazing up at the older tom. Although that cheeriness changed to something a bit more serious once he knew the words he was to use. "With this life, I give you generosity," while he was speaking, Patchkit rose up onto his hind legs to reach the older tom's head. "Use it to care for not only your clan mates, but the other clans and cats around you too; to give as much or help as much as you can and not to expect much in return," he tapped his nose to Russetswirl's forehead and once the life was given, he got back down on all four and took a last look at the tom. "Be wise when using it," he cautioned before turning and joining the Starclan ranks once more.
The next life he was supposed to be given was from a cat much smaller than he was- a young kit, apparently, who had lost his life earlier than he should have. A black-and white tom whose starry paws reminded him of the fact that there were no many cats that hadn’t lived to see their full potential yet, some who died without being able to speak a single word, to anybody. It was a terrifying thing, to know that so many kits resided up here in the realm of the dead, but at least it was comforting to know that they were in the paws of the stars, and that they didn’t reside in the shadowy trees of the dark forest, instead. Looking down towards his newest visitor, he smiled slightly at the young cat’s attempt to touch him on his forehead, lowering his body a touch so it could be a bit easier. The life of generosity- being thankful for what you have, and giving everything you can to your clanmates whenever the chance is presented. It was a feeling of fluttery happiness, like he was doing something to make others feel good about themselves. No pain came with this life, only the feeling of joy- of being generous, and giving up what you had to help others who were in need. It was why leaders were given nine lives- to use them in order to help their clanmates. You are given lives to sacrifice them, because being a leader means protecting your clan at all costs necessary. “Thank you, Patchkit.” He smiled- it was the same thing he’d said all throughout this ceremony, but for this one kit, it was filled with emotion, with happiness as he spoke. “Thank you.”