View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:07 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
Since his death generations ago, Aconiteheart had only participated in one leader ceremony: Almondfall's, and in this occasion he saw no reason to change the advice he gave his friend. "Hello Russetswirl!" the spotted brown tom greeted as he stepped forward, taking the place of his companions that had already completed their life-giving duty. "You wouldn't know me, but I was one of SkyClan's first medicine cats. I figured, with all five clans united, it'd be nice to mix up leadership ceremonies! Our ancestors are the same after all, even when the living was separated."

"With this life I give you friendship, to savor every precious moment you have with them .. because you don't know how long they'll be around." He spoke from experience, watching countless friends he'd made over the course of both life and death vanish into nothing but a distant memory. Detaching his nose from Russetswirl's forehead when the life was transmitted, he returned to the ranks of the onlooking spirits.
He didn’t recognize the fourth tom, as well- but he could understand that, as he introduced himself as an ancestor of Skyclan, the lost clan which had only just now joined their forest, assimilating into the forest besides their own clan territories- their leader went under the name Grousestar, and they freed every one of the four other clans from their occupation under cruel cats, one who supported the dark forest and the bloodshed it brought onto others. They were a brave group of cats, and he was inclined to pass that respect onto Aconiteheart as he introduced himself, dipping his head once again to the cat- he seemed to be older than most of the other cats who'd given him lives, at least in the time he'd been deceased- one of their first medicine cats. Looking over towards Geckoleaf for a brief moment, he gave his own medicine cat a quick smile, trying to assure her that he was doing alright- though the pain the lives gave to him didn't exactly help that notion.

As the Starclan cat touched his forehead, he realized that this life was a lot like the one of love, at first- but that last sentence was what sealed the deal for the thoughts which would come rushing in as the life was given-
"Because you don't know how long they'll be around." Memories of Shellfeather, the mate who suddenly left him, disappearing out of nowhere; of his brother and sister, who'd betrayed his trust in them and did terrible things, both gone from the ranks of Riverclan. He thought of Crowpaw and Specklepaw, and Willowpaw as well- every single life that had been taken from him as soon as he placed his trust, in different ways. "...Thank you- for everything your clan has done for us." He uttered out, though his face was distraught- these thoughts, they hurt more than anything else, and it reminded him how truly fragile life was.