View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2024, 08:42 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

SPRINGLIGHT
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 19 moons
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
[ @Ladiebugg ( all finished! springlight is going to want daylightwing to rest before doing anything that would risk opening the bandaged area ) ]

Hearing the agony in her patient's voice destroyed her on the inside, even if she had heard it more than once before in her whole career of taking care of the sick and wounded. It would always hurt her deeply within her chest to hear how horrified her patients were the moment that they realized that they may not have a limb anymore. Given that Springlight never truly dealt with a situation like this other than once, it wasn’t something that she was fundamentally experienced with, and it wasn’t ever a pretty thing to even commit herself to in the first place. Serving as one of ThunderClan’s medics was hard, undoubtedly earned work, and Springlight couldn’t be more than thankful to fill in the void that her predecessors had left behind. Even if the hard, burdensome truth from her mother still left a stinging sensation in her chest, she still wanted to try to stay on her oath as a medicine cat and help any cat, whether they were in her clan or not. If she managed to prove herself to Sootkit saying that while she was still a ‘paw, she’d prove it to anyone else until they finally got it through their thick skulls. She hadn’t held a clue if Bumblestar would approve of that action, but she wasn’t risking her life going to find out nonetheless while no one was in crucial condition.

Slowly, the medicine cat nodded her head solemnly, working her paws conscientiously as she used her handy dandy piece of moss to cleanse away the debris and excess blood. After she was finished with this, she would need to change out the bedding, but she was already used to that sort of job. After having been committing herself to work on the duties of a medicine cat for so long, she grew used to seeing the moss-bed all covered by blood and debris due to the tremendous number of patients that she witnesses each moon. Every grisly, gnarly injury that she faced was nothing that she couldn’t handle; it had been something she was used to witnessing. Yes, it was irksome, but it was nothing compatible with anything that she hadn’t ever seen before in her life. Furrowing her brows, the calico gandered at the gaping leg for a moment longer before placing the bloodied piece of moss to the side, keeping it afar for her to dispose of once she was finished. Scarlet stained itself onto her naturally alabaster-colored paws, a tingle of unease rushing down her spine. The feeling itself wasn’t comforting, but it was something that she had dealt with a long time before during her role as medicine cat.

With zero hesitation, the oriental-shaped feline snatched the broom of marigold and swiftly dipped it into the stream, being careful to not soak it down entirely as it wouldn’t be useful to make into a proper poultice for the wound itself. Springlight wasn’t certain that it would properly stick due to the exposed flesh and bone, but it would have to be good enough to try to keep itself covered for the time being. Dragging a lone leaf towards her direction, she placed the dripping piece of marigold into the leaf and instinctively began chewing, ignoring the bitter taste that savored her taste buds. It had been a little bit since she dealt with this, but it wasn’t like she wasn’t used to the taste. She’d been a medic for as long as she could prominently remember, and she wasn't going to allow herself to dive into a darkened path all because she couldn't handle the taste of a herb. Her chewing came to a stop, and the molly lifted a paw to slather the poultice onto her paw pads, bringing it towards the remaining limb to carefully rub it into the battered flesh. “This… may sting… a little bit… but I promise… that you… will feel better… soon.” Springlight explained, her tone gentle as she tried to distract Daylightwing from the fact that she’d remain as a tripod. It was gruesome and bitter, but it was reality.

More blood smeared onto her fur, creeping up halfway through her forelegs and seeming down into the skin. A bevy of birds and bats flailed their wings in Springlight’s stomach, bouncing between ribs and spine in a swelling frenzy of tautness. Her head spun and her vision grew fuzzy, her stomach feeling as if it were carousing with her kidneys. Blood was always tricky to clean off, and she knew fully well that the tangible, metallic stench had always been even more problematic to get off her fur without it seeming that she decided to murder someone in the cold depths of the night. But, over time, she had gotten used to it; it wasn't as horrible as it had been when she was just getting started with the position, but it was still difficult to get through throughout the days. Whiskers twitching, Springlight thickly swallowed down the bile collecting at her throat, her senses strengthening as another strong wave of blood poured into her nostrils. She could already feel herself forming a pounding headache, and she’d definitely go for taking a poppyseed or two after she was finished. Maybe even find some rosemary since if she recalled, it helped ease pounding headaches if swallowed. Either one works, she supposed. As long as the headache went away, that's for sure.

Her paws finished rubbing the remaining limb, observing her work carefully to make sure that she covered every aspect of the limb. She didn't want to turn sloppy, and that would be the last thing that she’d ever want on her list. Satisfaction preaching her veins, the calico snatched her wads of cobwebs and carefully began to unfold as she wrapped around the limb, forming a tight cast as she wrapped the first layer of cobwebs on before adding in the second layer. Scarlet leaked through and showed through the silver lining of bandaging, but thankfully, it should be enough to last for a couple of days or so before needing to be redressed. Observing the tightly woven cast, the calico gently patted the area with a bloodied paw as she focused once more toward Daylightwing. “You… are all… finished… however… I highly… recommend that… you stay… in camp… for a few… weeks… or longer… until that leg… heals… come around… the medicine den… after… a couple of… days… so I can… redress the… wound and… see how it… is healing… do not… do anything… reckless while… it is… healing.” Her instructions were quick and cohesive, the molly already preparing to gather her used essentials to go dispose of them within the territory. There was already enough trouble as it is, they didn't need anymore. While she was at it, she could also go for a quick bath to wash off the blood staining her fur.

[ -2 cobweb | -1 marigold | -1 moss ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; April 30th, 2024 at 08:53 AM.