Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:43 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

Goldeneye tried not to show the shock he felt when he saw Larkkit. He had forgotten that sometimes younger kits and apprentinces went to Starclan, and that almost made something catch in the back of his throat. He didn't want to think about that, but here he was, watching Larkkit. Well, he did look happy for now, which Golden guessed was something that came with going to Starclan. You got pretty much eternal happiness, and that was pretty nice. Instead of the stress one got while alive, you got to be happy. Until then, however, you just had to deal with it, and honestly, it wasn't horrible. Sure, some things could be bad, but eventually, everything gets worked out.

Listening to the kit speak, Goldeneye didn't exactly know what to do. He tilted his head down a bit so that it would be easier for the kit to touch, but suddenly was hit with a jolting pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. That was all he felt for a moment, trembling slightly as he felt himself break out in a cold sweat. This was almost unbearable, worse than any other life so far. He felt like his neck was snapped, and something almost broke inside him as he realized that was how Larkkit died. Golden couldn't really describe how he was feeling right now, his golden and green eyes widening for a moment, before it all went away. He had no idea how long that had lasted, however, it couldn't have been very long. He watched as Larkkit walked away, and nodded, "I-I'll do that," he murmured, still in a slight bit of shock.

3 lives left. There was his internal countdown. Then he would be leader of Shadowclan. Well, he kind of was right now, but then he would have all of his lives. Still, worries slowly crept upon him, and he had to force himself to ignore them, waiting for the next cat silently, soon knowing that he would have to go back to Riverclan camp as Shadowclan's leader.

(( @Random Melody ))
Fernpaw had sat and watched each cat in silence, smiling gently at all of them. But her blue gaze was fixed intently on Goldeneye, curiosity in her expression. The former ThunderClan apprentice knew it was a bit odd she was about to give a life to a ShadowClan cat, but StarClan had no borders. Once the next cat was done, Fernpaw rose to her paws and padded forward lightly. She looked almost graceful, stars gliding through her fur as she came forward to the ShadowClan deputy... Soon to be leader. The light ginger apprentice smiled at him, stopping in front of the Tom.

"Greetings, Goldeneye." She mewed clearly, her eyes sparkling with stars as she tipped her head back to gaze up at him. Her expression was gentle, welcoming. "I am Fernpaw - Former ThunderClan apprentice. I died in the fire a long time ago." Her eyes trailed behind him now, seeing something, remembering something, but flashed back to his face in a second. "It's a pleasure to meet you," She purred, before reaching up to touch her nose to his.

"I give you the life of Bravery." She murmured. "Leading will be scary sometimes. But remember... Being brave doesn't mean you don't get afraid. It just means you have the courage to keep pushing through the fear." With that, Fernpaw drew back, and lowered her head respectfully. "Lead well, Goldeneye." She said gently, before turning and padding back to the group, settling down again and curling her starry tail around her paws to watch the rest of the ceremony.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust