View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2019, 07:30 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

the small rag doll stood and watched windygale flinch at the pain of his life as he said thank you her amber eyes settled upon him. She stepped forward her starry pelt shifting from gray to blonde as the light moved, though her fur was still like that of a kit and so was her body her amber eyes shone with wisdom that would be near impossible to obtain, she gave a small dip of her head though she would be furthering his path she still found it that she should have a bit of respect. “I am Sunkit of WindClan.” she said in a kind voice that resembled her sister’s. She paused for a moment, her fur prickling with the realization that he would watch over her as would she, “With this life I give you love,” her eyes burned into his as a flame of passion struck her “Use this life to cherish your friends, your family, and most of all you clan.” her eyes grew wide as she took a few steps forward placing her muzzle on his head her starry body felt no pain though she knew it would be sharp for Windygale, the thoughts of her sister powered her life and she knew that he would use it well.
She stepped back and gave a nod, before falling back into the ranks of StarClan with the rest of her late clanmates and clanners a smile crossing her maw knowing that he would do well.

He searched for a moment, thinking that it would be an adult cat giving his next life. But his heart fluttered as he saw a kitten step out of the shadows. Why, if all cats, would a kitten be in StarClan? He felt sadness swamp him. This kit should have lived a good life. But that wasn’t the point. He was here to get his nine lives, not reminisce. Windygale nodded at Sunkit, relaxing as she said “Love”. Maybe this life wouldn’t hurt as much as the last one. But either way, he was prepared.

Unfortunately, he was wrong. As soon as the kit’s muzzle touched his head, he felt as his claws were gripping him everywhere, cutting off his air supply, squeezing every bone until it snapped. It made him want to scream, cry, thrash, but his body refused to work with him. By the time the pain faded, he realized why he felt that pain. That was what a cat was willing to do for one they love. And he felt that pain. Now, he understood.

He didn’t even have a chance to thank Sunkit before she moved back into the darkness. He was alone once more, waiting for his next life.

@Starfall

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]