View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang nodded and padded out of his den and toward the freshkill pile, sifting through it until he found a vole. He padded back at once and set the morsel in front of the apprentice. "Eat up," he meowed flatly. "I'll be curious to see how your leg is doing tomorrow. Time will tell. I wouldn't lose hope just yet. After all, your not the first apprentice to get yourself hurt. I lost my eye when I was just a bit older than you. Still an apprentice." The old tom craned his neck to lick to ragged fur on his shoulder. He stopped after a couple of meager licks, not able to reach it comfortably.
Oakpaw's mouth watered at the sight of the rodent. She looked up at the old tom and nodded at his words. It was true that her leg may heal, and that was the only bit of hope she had of becoming a warrior. Oakpaw blinked at his bit of information. Oakpaw hadn't taken his missing eye into account, but now that he mentioned it, she began to notice more and more. Snapping away from her thoughts, Oakpaw tried to lighten the mood. "Thank you," she purred. "Look on the bright side: at least you'll have someone to keep you company for a while." Oakpaw nibbled at her vole, but noticed he was struggling to reach some unkempt fur. Memories of caring for elders came flooding back. Despite the wreak of mousebile and the flea crushing, Oakpaw liked to talk to the elders. They were nice company and a lot of fun to be around, especially when they told stories. "Do you want me to get that for you? It's the least I can do in return for the vole," she asked.