View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
Beespirit gave a small quiet snort at that question He’s a failure. He’s twelve moons, the only thing he’s caught is sticks, unless I count the time he chased a rabbit into my paws and I killed it, then he told me he was running because he saw a stick, not the rabbit. Though he’s caught plenty of fleas, ticks, and beetles. This apprentice was never going to become a warrior not as far as he was concerned. He wanted to drop Logpaw off at the twoleg place and run off, he’d be a good kittypet, not a clan cat. Some cats even born into clan life- aren’t suited for it, and as far as Beespirit was concerned, Logpaw wasn’t suited for clan life.

Logpaw blinked,” Well- Beespirit gets mad at me for being twelve moons old and unable to hunt anything besides, fleas, ticks, beetles, and sticks.” He meowed,” But I think it’s progress.” He added sheepishly, What is Shinefang thinking, when is Shinefang going to put a red berry in a piece of prey and ask me to eat it. He wondered assuming Beespirit was taking him here to assess whether he’s worthy to killed or not,” Beespirit doesn’t agree. Fighting for me is throwing sticks at my battle partner and keeping my distance. Though, the only thing I can do correctly would be climbing trees. He’s good with that, just mad I can’t hunt in the trees.” He meowed wondering when Shinefang would kill him once more,” Quit nice talking me. I know your going to feed me a red berry that kills me.” He meowed knowing that those ones killed him, unaware it was called a deathberry.
At the sound of Beespirit's snort, Shinefang didn't care to contain his dislike of the mentor's open detestation for his apprentice. The medicine cat had likely trained more apprentices up to be warriors than Beespirit had seen winters and if he didn't care to hide his dislike, why should he? Shinefang flicked his tail, aiming a small swat at the warriors face in a silent warning to be quiet while he did his evaluation.

At the apprentices accusation that Shinefang was going to poison him of all things, he cocked his head and shot a glance back at Beespirit. Had something the mentor said given Logpaw that impression? Had the warrior threatened him? As much as he didn't find himself thinking too highly of the warrior at this moment, he found himself doubting that any warrior in his Skyclan would say such a thing. He turned back to Logpaw, and asked him in a soft and calm voice, "Why would you think I'd do something like that? We're clanmates."