Old June 11th, 2017, 11:56 AM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
@fenic!

Hearing the stress in her friend's voice caused the warrior to give out a saddened sigh. She didn't like to think of her friend being stressed, but of course he would after everything that's happened. The molly had always wanted to be leader of Riverclan. She had strives to become stronger because she had wanted to protect her clan-mates... and she always thought that she would make a great leader. That she would actually be able to do something if she somehow became the leader of Riverclan. But as she stepped into the leader's den, she could see the stress chipping at Russetstar.

And so early in his reign as well.

Besides, she was too young to hold such a position. And she had to acknowledge that, even if it hurt to see other's becoming deputy right in front of her. She knew that she shouldn't get her hopes up whenever the spot for deputy became open. It made her disgusted in herself. She had hoped to become leader after the Evil Era despite her age and found herself jealous towards one of her close friends after he was chosen instead. Then after Blackgaze was chosen to be his deputy instead of her, she grew jealous towards her as well even though they were friends too. And then when Blackgaze got hurt... Mistfall felt terrible for Blackgaze, but worse she also felt like she had a chance to become Russetstar's deputy and that was sickening even to herself to think of something so selfishly during a terrible time for her friend. Then he chose Fallenstream.... Mistfall had almost felt a bit betrayed every time she was over looked, but Fallenstream? Really? It was almost like a different kind of betrayl. The molly didn't like Fallenstream, in fact she hated his view on deputies and leaders - why would Russetstar choose him?

But she quickly shoved the thought from her head. If she wished to question him about it, that would be another time.

"How are you," she asked softly, even thought it was quite obvious that he wasn't doing all that well. Her fluffy tail swished against the floor of the den. Despite having mostly short fur, Mistfall's neck and tail were surprisingly fluffy and seemed to stand out. The warrior was uncertain how close she should get to her stressed out leader. She decided to just stay towards the entrance of the den unless he seemed to need comfort. "I know that we are at stressful times right now," she began, her voice was still soft - which was quite a surprise for the seemingly cold molly. "But don't worry about it too much. Besides you aren't alone in any fight involving the clan. Geckoleaf is always there if you need guidance, and now you have Fallenstream,"
she was aware that he might be one of the problems, but at least they had a new deputy now and even though she didn't like, she did hope he could help the clan. But she found herself doubting it. "And if you ever need me, I can try to be of assistance," the last part came out awkwardly. Mistfall was too young to be viewed as much of a guide and she hardly even had time to train her new - and first - apprentice. But she loved Riverclan and did wish to help them as well as Russetstar and even Geckoleaf if they need it.
Russetstar had known exactly why he'd 'overlooked' Mistfall- she was too young for the position, and he'd needed someone with experience training an apprentice as well- she hadn't exactly finished with her first, and with Blackgaze's departure from her position, he figured he might want a deputy who he wasn't as close with. Of course he cared about Fallenstream's well-being, but if he had to resign or even leave RiverClan for the hunting grounds of StarClan, the russet tom wouldn't be nearly as heartbroken as the first time his deputy had to resign from their position. Him and the dark-furred warrior certainly didn't agree on everything, but he'd needed a new perspective as well- and there he had one. "I'm doing alright- though it's rather... disappointing that things seem to be falling apart as of late." With Shellfeather and all- Of course she had to come back to the clan now, when he was in the middle of all this current turmoil already.

"...I know I have Geckoleaf, and that I have Cricketpaw as well. I wouldn't call Fallenstream and myself very close yet, but I feel he was the right decision as deputy- I need a different perspective on things, and perhaps he would be the one to change all of that." He huffed, his voice sounding strained in itself as he replied to his close friend. He was worried about his clan's well-being, though he was glad that they weren't in bigger troubles- he didn't care for ShadowClan, but they weren't at war, and the tensions between the two had no possibility to turn hostile, in his opinion.

"With that said, how is Rabbitpaw doing?"
The leader inquired rather softly, his tail flicking across the den floor as he sat down against the moss-covered stone, the feathers in his nest brushing against his shorter fur as he let out a rather deep sigh. "If she's misbehaving, let me know- I can take care of it." His daughter was a rather excitable apprentice, and she seemed the least affected by Shellfeather's return- though he could sense she was a bit lonely, vying for some kind of friend to help her through what she was trying to process. The apprentice presented herself like an open book, easy to read- though Russetstar didn't exactly know how to solve her problems now when so many more were presented to him.