View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2018, 03:30 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Content Theft Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Borealis View Post
So, on char sites, I have to credit every image? And could I just credit it “Google Images”? @Mad King
Every image that you're using needs to be credited if it wasn't gifted to you or made for you.

Crediting it "Google Images" isn't sufficient, sorry. Reverse image search each one (Right Click > Search Google for this image) and find the source using that tool.

If there are MANY sources, you can use the link provided by this search as your credit.

If there is only one instance of the image, credit it to that link. If the artist/photographer has stated anywhere that they don't want the work reused/reposted, you need to remove the image from your site-- crediting won't be enough in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyfeline View Post
Yeah I could.
Okay I was reading other questions and answers on here. You said Reference photos are okay? Or did I read that wrong.
Reference LINKS to photos, not the image itself. You don't need to credit a link, just if you're posting the image.

The exception is if you're linking DeviantArt work. Most artists don't want their work reposted as references.

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; February 23rd, 2018 at 03:32 PM.