View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2024, 07:21 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly
Default Prologue

Prologue

A large blue tom licked his lips, taking the stain of red off his muzzle. His deep blue eyes glazed down at the dead calico tom.
"My work here, " he thought, taking a step away, "is done."
"Ashfang..?" a voice behind him called hesitantly. The blue tom swerved his head around until he was facing a small brown tabby she-cat. "Tumblestar?" he asked, smelling the familiar scent of fear on her pelt.
Her ears flattened as she sprang at him. He played along, letting himself be pinned by the she-cat.
"You betrayed this clan for long enough! I knew it was you." Ashfang chuckled darkly, "You caught me. Though I did think you had more faith in me."
"YOU'RE A TRAITOR!" she yowls, digging her claws into his fur. He growls in pain and kicks her off of him. Swiftly, he pounced at her, pinning her down. Before she could say anything, he laid an unsheathed claw on her neck. The paw lightly hovered over but he was prepared to slam it down at any moment. He wasn't familiar with the word mercy.
"It was fun, being your deputy but it's time for me to rule the clan now." He'd smirk as Tumblestar's eyes grew bigger.
"Was it all an act?" She blinked for a moment. "We were mates, Ashfang. I thought you loved me."
He looked at her for a moment. Of course he could recall all the times they had. He did love her a bit but his goals were just more important. He stood deep in thought, pausing for a moment. She dove forward and sank her teeth into his neck. He shouted in anger and tried to shake her off but she clinged on, her teeth sinking deeper every time he moved. She leaped off of him and drove him straight into a tree.
"I'll kill you." He growled though his words had less impact. He sank to the ground, his legs trying to support his unbalanced weight.
"It's my clan. I will defend it with all nine of my lives." She looked at him with narrowed eyes. Her gaze was sharp but he could sense a glint of sorrow in her green eyes. He snarled and unsheathed his claws, but still was unable to stand.
"You'll pay Tumblestar," he yowled, though his voice said fading away, "This won't be the last you see of me." She stared blankly at him and walked away. The sound of her paws fading was the last thing he'd ever see alive.