Thread: Hannibal & Ajax
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Hannibal & Ajax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

as the creek slugged on below, Ajax simply admired it's simplicity. How it always went over the same rock in the same way without falter. It was this that made such a drastic difference in cats than nature, within itself that is. Cats where unpredictable to some extent but otherwise sacks of meat with little to no purpose. Unless that cat was onyx. Ajax flinched a second time but this time his claws slid out and he marked across the rock in one jagged movement and a fluster of anger it was over. It was that thought that reminded him of the night he spent sobbing over a corpse. A cold lifeless body, a shell of somebody he used to know and dearly love. It brought him back to the very moment he watched the killer move off in utter silence as if nothing had happened, like a hunt that resulted in prey to small to be of much worth. A growl rumbled within his throat and he shuffled to re adjust himself. As he finally made himself comfortable the scent of the killer flooded his nostrils in one plume. Ajax looked around frantically and upon first glance couldn't see the Tom anywhere which confused him. Either his anger gave him such a vivid feeling that the scent was temporarily stimulated in his brain... Or he was really here. The white Tom stood now his head raised above the Reed's surveying the area with extreme caution. When suddenly the grey form of a peaceful cat lapping gently at the waters edge caught his eye. To catch someone especially Hannibal in such a time of serene peace and calm. With a gentle lash of his tail Ajax kept down onto the sandy banks, padding ever so quietly towards Hannibal. No doubt the Tom had long since forgotton who he was for they had only locked eyes briefly between the ending of onyx's life and his brief escape following. As Ajax gently padded round the steep bend He left delicate footprints in the sand imprinting his paws and as you followed them his vague claw marks nicking the sand slightly. When he was finally in view of Hannibal he didn't make efforts to speak only continued onward until he was about two fox-lengths away. he is far more skilled than myself. I couldn't possibly take him on even if I had the element of surprise. Ajax was a skilled fighter and his scars and wounds proved that he often scuffled about, yet the unmarked fur of Hannibal supported the fact that the tom was skilled enough to lack much scars. His blue eyes shone with much hatred and malice towards Hannibal that they almost glowed in a way, studying the hannibal from a distance. There weren't any words to explain how much he would have loved to sink his claws into hannibals flesh and end his life, oh how I've dreamt of such things. Yet he knew there where other ways of releasing his anger. Not risking his own life in the process. Ajax swept his tail over the banks and let it curl by his hind leg. If I say nothing I'll just stand here looking like a blundering idiot. "what brings you so far out here, Hannibal" his name slid of his tongue smoothly. There wasn't much of a point of padding over here to chat, that wasn't really what he wanted to do. If he had simply tunred the other way and stalked off he wouldn't exactly bring back a flood of useless memories to worsen his ever growing heartbreak. His tail neatly unfurled at his side and began to lash as he stood watching the tom, his impatience growing. What am I looking for? He can do nothing for you now!
@Duskflight
{I apologize for the late reply to this!}

There was one thing that Hannibal rarely did, and that was forget a face, regardless of how long ago he may have seen the cat. His younger days in the nursery might not have been as clear, but every day since then was as clear as the water he drank from now. The tom knew who Ajax was, and he knew his relationship to Onyx, and he knew his face. The scent was a little harder to remember, a little harder to place only because he hadn't been close enough to Ajax to be able to get a good marker on it. After all, he's only seen him from a distance in the Syndicate, and only made direct eye contact that one faithful day in which he put an end to what many deemed 'the false king'. While the thought of Ajax wasn't particularly in his mind currently, it would soon enough be in the forefront of it. He didn't hear the approach, but the scent of the cat moved causing the tip of Hannibal's tail to twitch ever so slightly. Whoever this cat was, they stepped quietly and apparently didn't want to be noticed right away. He didn't bother turning his head to look around for the cat, either they would launch at him in an attempt at a surprise attack, they would make themselves known themselves, or they would leave. Those were the three most likely options. His claws were always unsheathed, there was never a time in which those sharp thorns were ever hidden.
Soon enough, the white tom was within his sight. Hannibal didn't say anything, he didn't move or lift his head, he continued to drink, but with all of his attention now focused on the other tom. The emotions in the cat's eyes were easy enough to read and it wasn't hard for Hannibal to draw up the name for the cat staring at him. The mate of Onyx. Interesting enough I should come across him. He wishes me dead.
The thought meant nothing to him, there were plenty of cats that wished for Hannibal's death, and just like this, it meant nothing to him. If he tried to kill him, then that would be that. He wasn't scared of death, but he had faith in his own abilities and strength. Silence rippled between the two, boredom slowly seeping into Hannibal now as the tom did nothing but stand there and glare. Until he actually did say something.
"Just taking a quick visit to the clans to update information for myself. Might I ask the same to you. Ajax?" Sitting up now at the waters edge, the tom put on a pleasant demeanor. As if he were talking to any other cat, holding a pleasant conversation, as if he were friendly, as if he had feelings and could feel pleasant and happy. After moons and moons of practicing, it almost seemed real. And if you didn't know Hannibal, didn't know who he was, you might just believe him.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?