View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2017, 06:02 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

[ AWWZ he's been dreaming of this moment for AGES ]

``I'll treat you well, Shellfeather, I swear,`` Scorchingflame answered affectionately, looking down at Shellfeather with a loving gaze. Did he finally get what he wanted? Maybe so, but there was no certainty, unfortunately. Clearly, Shellfeather was not completely sure about what she felt, and it could be something that was not love... but Scorchingflame didn't want to think about that right now. ``Have- have you moved to the nursery yet?`` His eyes widened in realization, as he suddenly seemed to remember that she was carrying kits - surely it was unsafe to be continuing warrior duties? ``You haven't been accompanying patrols, have you?`` he asked frantically, a frightened expression shadowing his features.

Leaving no pause for Shellfeather to respond, Scorchingflame began anxiously rambling, ``Why- you should be resting! Oh, this is so exciting! I don't want anything to go wrong. I've heard so many stories where.. where things happen during kitting and I do not want that to happen to us. How many do you think there will be? Should we start thinking of names now? Is it too soon to do that?`` He was already pacing, nervously avoiding Shellfeather's gaze. ``I hope I can be a good father - an okay father, at least. At least I know you'll be a good mother. You'll correct me when I do something wrong, won't you? Oh, of course you will! I have nothing to worry about! Why am I freaking out?``

Inhaling heavily, Scorchingflame halted in place and attempted to calm himself down. All of a sudden, the anxieties just seemed to attack him, and he began to doubt himself as a father, as a lover. He didn't know if he was capable of doing this father-act, but he knew that with Shellfeather at his side then he wouldn't be tempted to run and hide. ``I'm okay now. Just those fatherly worries, y'know? Well, you wouldn't know - you're a mother, not a father. Okay, I'm going to shut up now before I worry myself again. How are you doing, Shellfeather?`` Scorchingflame flashed Shellfeather a tense smile, a futile attempt to distract him from his fears.

Shellfeather let out a purr, watching Scorchingflame with her sapphire blue eyes. But as he suddenly got a worried look on his face, and started to ask her questions, Shellfeather's ears dropped in exasperation. Not this again.... She'd already gone through this once with Russetstar-swirl at the time- and she was not planning on doing it again. She understood that tom cats would worry, but shouldn't they know that she-cats know how to take care of themselves? Especially since I have done this twice already.
She opened her mouth to reassure him, but all of the sudden he continued, preventing her from any chance of telling him she would be fine. So, as he rambled on, Shellfeather waited, flicking her tail with amusement as she watched him pace back and forth. Once he slowed down, Shellfeather stood and walked up to him, letting out a small purr of amusement and flicking him with her tail.

"I'm doing just great Scorchingflame. And don't worry about all of those other things. Everything's going to be fine. And I know you don't like to remember, but just be reminded that I've done this twice before. i'm going to be perfectly fine!" She then sat next to him, looking at the ground for a moment, before looking back up at him. "I know you're worried, so let's do something that always helped me. I would always think of names, and personalities the kits would have, just to have fun dreaming, and being even more surprised and excited when they actually are here. Want to do that?" She gently meowed, looking at him with a warm gaze. Shellfeather wanted to do everything she could to make Scorchingflame's first experience as a father a great experience. So hopefully, he wouldn't be afraid.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.