View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw slipped into the cave which they remembered from their ceremony, where Geckoleaf officially took her on as her apprentice. Geckoleaf. The loss of her mentor was still weighing heavily on the young apprentice who was only just a kit out of the nursery at merely seven moons. The fact that the last time they'd seen each other the tensions had been high and nothing had been resolved also weighed her down in the form of guilt. Since her mentor's abrupt disappearance, Juniperpaw has taken the weight of the entire Clan onto her shoulders and she's matured at such a young age and taken on responsibilities no cat her age should have to. Juniperpaw shook her head to clear herself of her depressing thoughts, carefully placing each paw ahead of herself as she walked further into the cave.

She found Daypaw and Shinefang in the cave already, and Juniperpaw flashed them welcoming smiles. ``Hey guys!`` She chirped in greeting, trotting forward to offer each of them a friendly nuzzle.
@woly

Shinefang’s ears twitched as little pawsteps cane padding into the cave. “Well that could only be Junebug.” Sure enough, the little tabby-striped apprentice came up to them. To Shinefang’s surprise, the little shecat came and gave him a nuzzle in greeting. Most cats weren’t so happy to see him once he started calling them by a nickname. It tended to annoy most cats, which amused him usually. At his age, you had to make enjoyment where you could. “Good evening to you medicine bug. I’m very sorry to hear about your mentor.” Gossip about the Riverclan medicine cat’s disappearance had spread to SkyClan. Honestly, he had thought it was just queen-gossip, but now that he was seeing for himself that she had traveled here alone, there wasn’t much doubt left. Typical shecats and typical Starclan, he thought bitterly. “I suppose it’s just us three then: two paws and a shrivelled old elder. I’d ask Starclan to help us, but I’d say they’ve done plenty already.” He said tersely. Here Starclan was again, taking taking and more taking. Would they ever have enough? “I’ll be happy to teach you what I can, Junebug but I’m sorely lacking in mentorship myself.” Wheatfur had volunteered to help teach him some skill and herbs he wasn’t as familiar with, but then the gathering happened and well... question answered: Starclan had more to take. This time, a loyal warrior turned medicine cat who had earned Shinefang’s respect.

Last edited by Charmer; November 10th, 2017 at 11:56 PM.