View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
(You're fine)

Shinefang's watched as the shecat shakily got to her feet. Sure enough she stood, at least for a moment before her paw buckled. The tom managed to get to his feet when he saw her topple, but wasn't nearly fast enough to catch her. He cursed his tired old body just be he heard her rapturously ask if he'd seen her moment of triumph. "I sure did," he said, moving toward her to prod her with his nose. "Let me see that again, only this time, instead of putting all the weight on your injured foot equally, try angling your leg like this," he said, splaying his right foreleg a little to the side, "And keep more of your weight on the larger part of your pad." Every time the medicine cat had see her fall, it had gone the same way: The small part of her foot that should be help stable by smaller bones would fold and throw her off balance. So what would happen if she shifted her weight in such a way that the small bones didn't have to hold her up?
(A bit late! Woops! But im back ^^)

Oakpaw felt a purr rumble in her throat at Shinefang's nose bump. She flicked her ears forward and stared intently at the old tom as he instructed her. She nodded, and once more began to rise to her feet. Her joints gave a satisying, silent pop as they stretched once more. It felt good to not have them folded up once again. Oakpaw blinked as she began to sway, but then she remembered what Shinefang had said. Oakpaw lifted her twisted paw, and put more weight on her uninjured side. Oakpaw's yellow eyes lit up as she successfully stood with only a little bit of unsteadiness. Oakpaw looked up at Shinefang, grinning with joy. Getting a bit ahead of herself, the molly took a step forward. Oakpaw then felt herself sway more, but this time she caught herself before she hit the ground. Her legs pushed up, and once more she was standing. This time, she was one paw ahead.