View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Oakpaw frowned. Could she stand? Time to find out! The tabby she-cat forced herself up, stumbling a bit. When she gained her balance, Oakpaw's hope flared. I'm standing! I'm stand-" Her yowl of triumph was cut off as she swayed to one side and fell. But her hope didn't falter. "Did you see that, Shinefang?" Oakpaw rolled onto her belly and sat up once more. Her eyes shone with joy, and her smile was no different. Joyous and giddy.

(Short sorry!)
(You're fine)

Shinefang's watched as the shecat shakily got to her feet. Sure enough she stood, at least for a moment before her paw buckled. The tom managed to get to his feet when he saw her topple, but wasn't nearly fast enough to catch her. He cursed his tired old body just be he heard her rapturously ask if he'd seen her moment of triumph. "I sure did," he said, moving toward her to prod her with his nose. "Let me see that again, only this time, instead of putting all the weight on your injured foot equally, try angling your leg like this," he said, splaying his right foreleg a little to the side, "And keep more of your weight on the larger part of your pad." Every time the medicine cat had see her fall, it had gone the same way: The small part of her foot that should be help stable by smaller bones would fold and throw her off balance. So what would happen if she shifted her weight in such a way that the small bones didn't have to hold her up?