View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang watched Petalstorm go on her way, then took a much needed deep breath. When he took on the role of Skyclan's medicine cat, he thought it would be less work than running around on patrols as a warrior. But there was never a dull moment in his den. Now that he had a second, it was time to check in with Oakpaw again. The young apprentice had now spent the last several nights in his den, and each day he checked on her to see how her sensation and mobility in her wounded foreleg was doing. "Oakpaw, let's check on that leg again," the scarred old tom said, shuffling over toward the apprentice.
Oakpaw had been awake for a while, watching his routines. The day was full of energy for the old tom, but for Oakpaw it wasn't. Sure, watching all of this was fun, but her legs ached in longing to walk. Oakpaw looked down at her paw. She felt positive she could learn to walk again. Oakpaw's gaze flicked up as a raspy voice spoke to her. "Okay," she agreed. Knowing the usual routine by now, Oakpaw continued to speak. "It feels good. I think I can feel more on my shoulder now, and I can move my leg a bit today." With that, Oakpaw pushed herself onto her haunches in a sitting up position. Eyes gleaming, she was ready to make her proposal. "That being said.. can I try to walk today? Pleeeeaaaase?"