View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2023, 09:03 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: WindClan Territory

@Abyssopelagic @perseus.
Leechscar grinned lightly as the apprentice agreed to learn. Great, this shouldn't be too hard. "So when it comes to fast prey like rabbits and hares, herding and trapping is often the best way to catch them." Leechscar began explaining. "What I need you to do is hide..." Leechscar's eyes roamed the prairie, the problem with this place was that the grass was too long to make where the burrows were located. However, he discovered if you looked closely enough, you could actually make out rabbit trails and see where the long grass naturally parted from animals going in and out it their homes.

"There, in the long grass beside the hole." The warrior decided, pointing his muzzle in the direction nearby the hole, hidden behind overgrowth. "It's the closet warren, I'm going to circle around and stalk the hare, spook it in your direction. What I need you to do is pounce on it before it reaches that hole. I'll make sure that it comes right at you, so you don't need to worry about it where it's going." Leechscar figured it would be better for her to do the trapping instead of the herding, he thought it was the easier of the two.

"Try not to overthink it, or get spooked yourself and freeze. The hare will be coming directly at you but it should not see you until it's a few tail lengths from you. Stay down low, and quiet, then leap. Aim for its flank and back when you pounce, not the face. Even if you leap a little early, I"ll be right on its tail." Leechscar was confident enough that he could catch it before it changed directions. Still, he'd prefer if Moorpaw caught it, she clearly could do with the moral boost.

"If you lose it, don't be too glum, there's more to hunt." He adds but didn't actually wait for an answer from her. Experience was the fastest way to learn in his mind, so without further ado, he dove into a nearby patch of ferns. He waits, making sure Moorpaw is on board and hiding, and then began inching his way closer to their prey, gauging his scent drift. He briefly licked his nose, double check that they were good, and smile to himself while he slowly crept closer and closer to his target. The wind was blowing in their favor, but considering that he was heading straight for the hare's line of sight he was not surprised when he got spotted before he could actually reach the hare.

He froze for a moment, muscles stiff, as the hare's ears stood at attention and its eyes bore holes straight where the warrior was hidden. Tensing his hind legs, Leechscar springs, and the hare bolts, kicking up grass in its wake, twisting and turning to run straight towards Moorpaw's hiding spotting, or rather the hole she was hiding next to. The warrior hard on the hare's paws in a flat-out sprint, barely a tail length behind it. "Moorpaw, now."

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder