View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2023, 10:19 PM
nothing's forever

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post

Woollyfeather couldn't help but giggle as Sagepaw's little false swipes missed her. Rather than continuing the play fight, once the apprentice settled down, she plopped her weight back onto her paws properly, making sure she didn't squish him when she did.
Tail still wagging in delight from the very brief play fight, she sat beside the apprentice and reached to sweep some loose snow off him. It wouldn't do for him to get a chill.
"You did very well. I think one day you might become the finest stalker in ShadowClan! Just have to keep up with practice."

Once she was sure the worst of the soft powder was no longer stuck to Sagepaw's pelt (or he moved or swatted her paws away, she wouldn't make him sit through the brush off if he didn't want to), Woollyfeather looked vaguely skyward and noted the time.
"You did well today, Sagepaw. We should go back to camp to rest up and get out if this cold."
Sagepaw had to shove little bouts of laughter back down his throat, being excited at all of the compliments. He wholly trusted Woollyfeather in her words, believing he was pretty great. With practice, of course. Besides, it was obvious how great he was! Still, a voice in the back of his mind reminded Sagepaw he was only...what? 7? 8? moons old. Totally not some amazing, clan-changing cat. The apprentice batted away the pesky thought. He remained still as Woollyfeather brushed off his pelt. "Thank you," Sagepaw said in a polite and somewhat controlled voice, but his idiotic, sunny face showed how much he'd enjoyed the excursion. The apprentice stretched and stood, taking steps back to camp. "It is pretty cold. Hey, wanna race me? Too late!" The white tom kicked up snow as he darted off. He did his best to be slow enough that he wouldn't leave Woollyfeather's supervision. Sagepaw didn't want his running about to be mistaken for breaking the rules by sneaking out or anything. Besides, he wouldn't just ditch the warrior she-cat like that. The apprentice was sure to have good dreams when he slept.

[ you can end this with a very short post, I don't mind (: ]