View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2017, 04:55 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoireRose View Post
Splotchfeather padded after a flying bug, pawing at it to not hurt it. She twitched her ears at hearing the grey warrior. ''My hunting is...alright, I suppose.'' She says, and eyes a nearby bird nest. The blue bird came back to her nest, cuddling her little ones. She turned slightly to the left and had to slow down so that the grey warrior could keep pace with her. She had to remember that he wasn't as young as she was, and that he was growing older daily, and she wasn't growing younger, but she would someday be his age. Maybe, she'd grow up then. This made her laugh a bit. It would be comical for that day to come. She would actually be mature.
One thing she did hope was to grow old, in a pretty way. Her mother was young when she died, and Splotchfeather did not know who she would take after when she got the age.
It didn't worry her at all.
She embraced it because it was apart of life.
Though many cats seen her happy state, she was in hysterics in the inside. She feared that she would always remain mateless, and kitless. She wanted kits. Badly. She wanted to sing to them the many songs that she heard back in her prime time. What if that never came? What if that day never came? She'd grow up. Perhaps, not a grump, but she'd always see the world as a happy sphere, and even if she didn't have kits, she would tell the tales and sing the songs to the other queen's kits.
Splotchfeather nodded to herself. That's exactly what she would do.
Splotchfeather took interest in the grey warrior. Though he was way older than she was. She didn't find herself liking him in that way, but she felt a strange connection. A purr escaped her throat, and once again she felt a sense of safety wash over her when in the grey warrior's presence.
She edged closer to her, looking at him with a innocent type of curiosity. ''Do you know a few moves you could teach me to improve my hunting skills?'' She tilted her head upwards. She knew he was growing older, but she wondered if he still had a few moves in his body.
After all, she was very happy- no, ecstatic, that he stopped his stammering to a minimal. She felt as if she was talking to a normal cat! She felt a longing of trust between them, and she definitely felt a happy peaceful feeling in her heart. ''Honestly, I'm more an agile type of she-cat...even if I'm clumsy to a max.'' She twitched her tail. ''Nothing out of the ordinary. I have been very unpredictable since we first met.'' She giggled.
The tom glanced nervously at the she cat, glancing up at the sky where he could see birds flying. They were so pretty, with their feathers gleaming in the sun...Greystep loved birds. He hated catching them, he tended to stick to ground animals...so in a way, he sort of understood why a cat would release the very prey they had worked so hard to catch. Perhaps they felt bad for it. Perhaps they realized that the animal might have a family of it's own, someone that they were looking for and hoping to see at night, and then...and then they would never see their little critter families again. The thought made the dark furred tom somewhat sad, and he wondered if he would ever have the heart to kill a bird or a small animal again. He cleared his throat and looked down at the ground, before back at Splotchfeather.

One thing that he was looking forwards to in his older age was becoming an elder...and although that was an odd thing to look forwards to, Greystep was hoping that young cats like Splotchfeather-- but apprentices and kits-- would come in and ask him to tell them stories. And he would tell them of the Liberation, of the times when things had been rough in SkyClan, and if times like that came again...he would be able to tell them to be brave. That things would get better again sometime soon, that they just needed to keep their heads up.

Of course, that might not be the type of thing that a young cat would want to hear. They might want to hear how to fight, how to win-- in which case Greystep would most definitely not be able to help them. "I'm a little old to be showing you that type of thing, but I suppose I could try. I guess I could always try." He shrugged, grinning over at the younger she cat with a spark in his hues. He wasn't really sure about showing her true hunting tactics, as he hadn't been able to hunt in a long time-- perhaps it was not so much his fault as the fault of the battle. Though technically the fear was all his fault. There was no way for it not to be, after all... didn't he control his own fear?

Perhaps not. Greystep glanced around at the territory around him, taking everything in at once. Everything was just so beautiful, it was impossible for him to feel as though he didn't belong out here. Maybe he would even take the young she cat to one of his favorite spots. "Clumsy to the max, huh? You don't strike me as much of a clumsy cat. Upbeat, yes. Friendly, yes. But clumsy doesn't seem like it would be your type of thing," He mewed, cocking his head to the side as he did so. Perhaps he was wrong. Maybe she was extraordinarily clumsy, and he was going to embarrass her by telling her that she wasn't. "Then again, I could always be wrong-- and I often am. Sorry," He added hastily, lowering his head so that he was looking at the ground.

He knew that it was normal for him to be wrong, but he wanted to be right this time.
{@NoireRose}

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; March 4th, 2017 at 08:15 PM.