View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2017, 03:18 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The Maine Coon shook his head at the younger warrior's antics. She was certainly a sweet young cat, and she would make a lot of cats happy-- if she got the chance to meet them. Greystep watched her run ahead, standing still for a moment before he padded after her. It had been a long, long time since he had truly run; perhaps that was because he was getting older and it could cause damage to his already fragile stature that he had decided to leave it at just being able to walk around. He caught up to Splotchfeather when she stopped, flashing her a slight smile and sighed, wondering what her later moons would be like. Would she stop seeing life in the same way? And with a friend like him, would she actually turn out like him, or would she be her own cat?

Greystep hoped that she wouldn't change, that she would always stay how she was.

He really was appreciating the younger cat's company at the moment. With everything that had happened recently, especially the move, he could use a friend like her. Someone who looked on the bright side of life. Someone who was unafraid to explore unknown territories...at least, that was his opinion on her. A little bothersome, but not so much so that she was intolerable. In his opinion, she was the perfect blend of a cat. And he was looking forwards to seeing her grow up, and perhaps one day she would have a family of her own. A bunch of little Splotchfeathers running around all over the place. I can just imagine. He thought with a smile, the tip of his tail twitching as he did so. That was certainly an interesting thought, and he wondered if it would someday become a reality.

He hoped so.

She was still young, she had plenty of time to find some cat who would make her just as happy as she was making him right now. The tom smiled at her sudden flow of words, and he glanced up at the sky. It wouldn't be long until dark, and by the way things were going, he imagined that they probably wouldn't have too long out in the territory. Okay. Don't mess this up. You can do this right, just be calm and take a breath. Be calm and take a breath. He thought, taking his advice as soon as he could. Sometimes he felt a little stressed out, trying to be friendly towards the she cat. And if his stammer were to return, she might think something was wrong, when nothing was really wrong, it was just all part of who the tom was. He didn't like it, but that was the way things were.

If he could have changed them, though, he honestly wouldn't have changed a single thing.

It was a strange relationship that he felt towards himself-- sometimes love, sometimes hatred, sometimes nothing. "You could say that. We're just going on a little walk. See if we can spot some birds, butterflies...anything like that. Maybe do some hunting. Do you like hunting?" He asked, cocking his head to the side as he examined the she cat. Somehow, she struck him as someone who wouldn't like hunting at all. Maybe because she didn't like killing, or...something like that. He didn't mind it, unlike some cats who would let their prey go-- if it wasn't too badly hurt-- and watch it move away as fast as it could go. He had never understood why you would do that, and lose prey for the Clan. That didn't make any sense to him at all, but he supposed they had their own reason for it.

No matter how strange or foreign it seemed to him.
Splotchfeather padded after a flying bug, pawing at it to not hurt it. She twitched her ears at hearing the grey warrior. ''My hunting is...alright, I suppose.'' She says, and eyes a nearby bird nest. The blue bird came back to her nest, cuddling her little ones. She turned slightly to the left and had to slow down so that the grey warrior could keep pace with her. She had to remember that he wasn't as young as she was, and that he was growing older daily, and she wasn't growing younger, but she would someday be his age. Maybe, she'd grow up then. This made her laugh a bit. It would be comical for that day to come. She would actually be mature.
One thing she did hope was to grow old, in a pretty way. Her mother was young when she died, and Splotchfeather did not know who she would take after when she got the age.
It didn't worry her at all.
She embraced it because it was apart of life.
Though many cats seen her happy state, she was in hysterics in the inside. She feared that she would always remain mateless, and kitless. She wanted kits. Badly. She wanted to sing to them the many songs that she heard back in her prime time. What if that never came? What if that day never came? She'd grow up. Perhaps, not a grump, but she'd always see the world as a happy sphere, and even if she didn't have kits, she would tell the tales and sing the songs to the other queen's kits.
Splotchfeather nodded to herself. That's exactly what she would do.
Splotchfeather took interest in the grey warrior. Though he was way older than she was. She didn't find herself liking him in that way, but she felt a strange connection. A purr escaped her throat, and once again she felt a sense of safety wash over her when in the grey warrior's presence.
She edged closer to her, looking at him with a innocent type of curiosity. ''Do you know a few moves you could teach me to improve my hunting skills?'' She tilted her head upwards. She knew he was growing older, but she wondered if he still had a few moves in his body.
After all, she was very happy- no, ecstatic, that he stopped his stammering to a minimal. She felt as if she was talking to a normal cat! She felt a longing of trust between them, and she definitely felt a happy peaceful feeling in her heart. ''Honestly, I'm more an agile type of she-cat...even if I'm clumsy to a max.'' She twitched her tail. ''Nothing out of the ordinary. I have been very unpredictable since we first met.'' She giggled.