View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2017, 11:44 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoireRose View Post
Splotchfeather tumbled after him, tripping over a rock in the process. She didn't see it there, and she rolled over in a heap of a ball. She laughed, at gaining her balance, and stood up. She shook the dirt from her fur and lashed her tail playfully, bounding up to the older warrior.
She ran a few ways ahead of him, not chasing anything in particular, but it was part of her nature. She loved roaming around, never staying in one spot. She felt free, and happy all the same.
Splotchfeather glanced back at the older warrior, hoping he was still behind her. She didn't want to think that he planned to just take her so far, and leave her behind. She had to get rid of that thought. He wouldn't do that to her.
She felt like a kit being praised by it's mother when he gave her a nickname. And, she distantly heard him call her it again. She stopped for a few seconds, her ears pinned to her head.''So, where are we going? Where are you taking me?'' She asked excitedly. ''Is it on an adventure!? Ohhhhhh, i LOVE adventures! I want to travel somewhere! Where's your favorite place to travel?'' She asked, an emotion of happiness came upon her all at once.
Her tail twitched with anticipation, and she begin frolicking around the area, jumping in the air, running as fast as she could. And, she continued to flicker her eyes to look at him, just to make sure he was still there. She feared that something might happen, like with all the memories of her family. This did little to affect her way of loving every cat. But with love, she felt fear. She felt fear that if she loved on him too hard--to genuine-- that something might happen to him as well.
Splotchfeather shook her head. She knew it was least likely to happen. She had to take an understanding that she wasn't cursed. She forced herself to believe that Starclan loved her, and everything that happened; was for a reason. A hurtful reason, but it was a reason.
Perhaps, Starclan was giving her a chance to feel like a kit again, when they forced her mind to talk to him, and befriend him. Then again, Starclan wasn't in her mind when she approached him in the first place.
Splotchfeather begin slowing her pace to keep up with the older warrior, trotting with her head and tail held high. She felt the breeze in her fur, lightly fuzzing it up. She stared at the other cats around them, noting each and everyone was special, and she was happy to be in their presence.
The Maine Coon shook his head at the younger warrior's antics. She was certainly a sweet young cat, and she would make a lot of cats happy-- if she got the chance to meet them. Greystep watched her run ahead, standing still for a moment before he padded after her. It had been a long, long time since he had truly run; perhaps that was because he was getting older and it could cause damage to his already fragile stature that he had decided to leave it at just being able to walk around. He caught up to Splotchfeather when she stopped, flashing her a slight smile and sighed, wondering what her later moons would be like. Would she stop seeing life in the same way? And with a friend like him, would she actually turn out like him, or would she be her own cat?

Greystep hoped that she wouldn't change, that she would always stay how she was.

He really was appreciating the younger cat's company at the moment. With everything that had happened recently, especially the move, he could use a friend like her. Someone who looked on the bright side of life. Someone who was unafraid to explore unknown territories...at least, that was his opinion on her. A little bothersome, but not so much so that she was intolerable. In his opinion, she was the perfect blend of a cat. And he was looking forwards to seeing her grow up, and perhaps one day she would have a family of her own. A bunch of little Splotchfeathers running around all over the place. I can just imagine. He thought with a smile, the tip of his tail twitching as he did so. That was certainly an interesting thought, and he wondered if it would someday become a reality.

He hoped so.

She was still young, she had plenty of time to find some cat who would make her just as happy as she was making him right now. The tom smiled at her sudden flow of words, and he glanced up at the sky. It wouldn't be long until dark, and by the way things were going, he imagined that they probably wouldn't have too long out in the territory. Okay. Don't mess this up. You can do this right, just be calm and take a breath. Be calm and take a breath. He thought, taking his advice as soon as he could. Sometimes he felt a little stressed out, trying to be friendly towards the she cat. And if his stammer were to return, she might think something was wrong, when nothing was really wrong, it was just all part of who the tom was. He didn't like it, but that was the way things were.

If he could have changed them, though, he honestly wouldn't have changed a single thing.

It was a strange relationship that he felt towards himself-- sometimes love, sometimes hatred, sometimes nothing. "You could say that. We're just going on a little walk. See if we can spot some birds, butterflies...anything like that. Maybe do some hunting. Do you like hunting?" He asked, cocking his head to the side as he examined the she cat. Somehow, she struck him as someone who wouldn't like hunting at all. Maybe because she didn't like killing, or...something like that. He didn't mind it, unlike some cats who would let their prey go-- if it wasn't too badly hurt-- and watch it move away as fast as it could go. He had never understood why you would do that, and lose prey for the Clan. That didn't make any sense to him at all, but he supposed they had their own reason for it.

No matter how strange or foreign it seemed to him.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.