Thread: Seastones
View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2018, 01:46 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Default Re: Seastones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

A purr rumbled deep in her throat and she tipped her gently to the side. "Wouldn't it be great if it worked that way huh?" she said taking another deep breath and straightening out. Despite how much she wanted to just return to her regular old self she wouldn't be able to find the words to tell fallenstar that his choice was a mistake, the words to explain she actually wanted to simple life of a queen and live out her days neglecting the worries and burdens that would have been as a deputy. She admired auroraflame for that, the way she selflessly devoted herself to a clan that probably didn't love her back as much. Despite not knowing much of skyclan she was pretty convinced that she had figured it out, long time of being away from other clans, their views where different, the way they did things had drifted. Not in a bad way- perhaps in the best possible way. They had exposure to a life full of peace, not the pressure of clans pushing in at your borders.

She turned back to the deputy a slender smile forming on her lips. "Just exhausted, I assume you've got acustomed to it? Or just have you grown tougher skin over these moons?" she jokingly "all that deputy stuff" she purred getting up for a split second and stretching out her arms and hind legs but extending them to their fullest length and than pulling them all back towards her in order to sit down and curl her tail around her paws. "Not only that, but I am pretty sure I'm pregnant" she added confidently. She was a skyclanner there was nothing she could do to really spread or really let anybody in riverclan now. Nor did she really believe "a- and I havnt told my mate yet..." she said again this time her eyes watered and she looked down at her paws. Why was she telling her this? Maybe because she felt that, this cat she barely knew, could be the only one to listen in her world.

The orange and white tabby let a tear roll down her cheek but she quickly wiped it away with the back of her paw and raising her gaze, despite the shame within her eyes, she met the she cats icy blue gaze and shrugged. Despite the painful confession she had just made to a complete stranger she still seemed weakened by the crushing reality of everything she had said. "That's great to hear, I know it was a while ago that you guys took some territory closer to us but how's that going? Everyone adapting to the new territory?" asked the she cat, her eyes still watery and the sadness even though her voice was high pitched and seemingly joyous.

“Oh it would,” she responded, nodding her head in agreement. Auroraflame was a pretty organised cat. Even though she struggled with procrastination, she was able to quickly do what she needed to do if it was important enough. She knew how to manage time. It was one of the perks of being a deputy, especially when you’d been a deputy for a while. She was usually quite chill with her work, although every now and again she would get stressed and she would need some time to herself. This was one of those times so here she sat.

Auroraflame chuckled and a friendly grin grew on her maw. “I’ve already gotten a tougher skin so exhaustion doesn’t hit me that hard,” she said, giving a small shrug. The Bombay watched as the other she-cat rose to her paws and stretched before sitting back down. Good idea. She lowered her head and arched her back up as far as it would go. She relished the stretch while it lasted before lifting her head up to face Daisyshade. “You get used to it eventually. Just make sure that you get some sleep whenever you have some free time,” she advised. She gazed past the deputy and watched the waves lapping at the stone, her mind quickly wandering away from the conversation. For a few moments, Auroraflame was lost, mesmerized by the water. She wasn’t really listening to what Daisyshade was saying but suddenly her icy blue gaze snapped back to attention at the word ‘pregnant’. “Congratulations!”. No matter what clan they were in, kits were always something to celebrate. Her eyes widened when she continued. If she were in her position, the first cat that she would’ve told would’ve been her mate. “Oh. Well then, you should probably tell him soon. I’m sure that he will be overjoyed,” she said, giving the she-cat a small smile. Her smile quickly disappeared and turned into a frown of concern. She watched as the tear rolled down her cheek and she moved her tail forward to wipe it away, but Daisyshade dealt with it herself. Honestly, the deputy couldn’t understand why she was so upset about it, but perhaps there was something else that she didn’t know or understand.

The deputy decided to not dwell on the topic and played along with the she-cat’s happy demeanor. The RiverClan cat already looked upset enough and she had the feeling that she would become even more upset if she continued to talk about it. “We’ve adapted well. The environment suits us,” she remarked. They’d had a good few moons to settle in. Building the camp had probably been the hardest part of it but otherwise, they had settled in within a moon.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen