View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2018, 07:15 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Slatepelt scoffed, her whiskers twitching in amusement once more as she swiftly picked herself up from the ground and padded after Shinefang. "Of course you are! You're too handsome for them to handle." She cooed quietly, her paws whisking over the landscape as if she was barely touching it. The molly remained quiet as Shinefang spoke, the guilt thick in his voice. A twang of sadness touched her heart as she paced next to him, letting her fur brush against his side. Hopefully it would help comfort him. It was a small gesture, but Slatepelt hoped the tom didn't still blame himself about Acornpaw's death, not to mention amputating the poor apprentice's tail. It wasn't his fault: he was inexperienced. Her gaze lingered across the grassy moor of Starclan as a warm breeze scented of pine tugged at her starry pelt. "It's not your fault Shinefang." She meowed briskly, keeping her gaze forward as she watched the rolling plumes of alabaster clouds in the distant sky. "Acornpaw's destiny lied in Starclan's paws, sometimes it just can't be helped... as for the other, everyone makes mistakes. You did what you thought was right and she's still alive and doing well, I presume. That's what matters." Her words were barely a whisper as she ran the tip of her tail down Shinefang's spine in a soothing motion. A silence fell over her as the pair continued forward before she spoke up once more. "Daydream is a very knowledgeable cat, be sure to learn everything you can from that one. I know your joints bother you now, but try to reach out to the other medicine cats as well, dear. You all share the same path; you can learn a lot from them." Slatepelt turned her head to look at Shinefang, a compassionate expression evident on her features. "I'm very proud of you, Shinefang. I know you're trying your best." She purred gently, nudging the others side with her own. Tail suspended high in the air, another gust of wind buffeted her pelt as she motioned with her head for her mate to follow before racing over a lush hill-side, leaping away in graceful, even strides. She was taking them towards a nice sea front, an area that mimicked the Sea Stones almost perfectly.
"It's what I keep telling them," Shinefang said, grinning mischievously. He had missed this, the flow of their joking and playful times. It was like they were home again, walking in the clearing so close together their fur touched. Even so, a twinge of irritation hit him when Slatepelt explained Acornpaw's fate. He kept it contained though. He didn't want fight or snap at her. He knew she was trying to make him feel better. Her just being there did a little. "Yeah..." he replied simply. "Odd thing is, Gorsepaw almost seemed to like not having a tail. She rushed off as soon as I gave her the all clear to go back to the apprentice den to show it off to the other apprentices," he prattled on with a soft chuckle. "She's a good kit."

He nodded as his old mate brought up Daydream. "Knowledgeable it right. Prickly as a hedgehog, but knowledgeable. I've been thinking about traveling to visit the one in Windclan. Haven't spoken to him yet. And I think that old blind one in Thunderclan is still alive. And have you seen Junebug? Poor kit found herself medicine cat of Riverclan all of a sudden. Anything good kit though. I'm trying to learn all I can from them. I thought you were visiting me half a moon ago, but it turns out an old Shadowclan cat took it upon himself to tech me about eating willowbark for my legs. Can't argue with a good thing, I suppose." Shinefang suddenly realized that as he prattled, on about the other medicine cats he was smiling. Surprised, he cocked his head, wondering about his own reaction. He hadn't felt like this as a warrior. Being a warrior had been a steady grind of work. A way to keep his thoughts at bay as he threw himself into it. But with this he felt... excited?

As she rubbed her pelt against his, and he drank in the warm scent again and told him how proud she was, he purred deeply and happily. "Thank you...Oh Slate. It's so good to see you again." Shinefang wished more than anything she could have spent more moons with him in Skyclan. He was filled with a heavy love, filled to the brim with possibilities that never came. Oh to raise kits with this shecat. He'd been thinking about his kits the last moon. All the time spent with Juniperpaw got him wondering what kind of father he would have been to them. He was just about to ask her about their kits when she bound off like a fawn, right toward a group of stones that looked surprisingly familiar. "Huh..." he said out loud, distracted. "Eerie. Do I have a ghostly medicine den somewhere?"