View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
@Duskflight

Aconiteheart didn't believe for a moment the Dusk Syndicate would back down. They had gone too long without bloodshed; the Place of No Stars' reign over the clans being the closest they had to action. Under Neomora and Renn's leaderships, perhaps things would be different with the ban on interacting with the clans in place, but the new leader of the Syndicate didn't seem to have restraints on their underlings. "If that's what you wish to do," he resigned, not believing it to be the best course of action, but knowing it wasn't his place to say more. The spirit had advised the leader - his choices were his own, regardless of what consequences may arise.

Never one to stay still for long, the spotted tabby was shuffling in his spot, uncertain of where to go from here. It would be easy to excuse himself and return to Ebonypaw, but it seemed too soon and he didn't want to leave on such a solemn note. "If I may," he began, "how does it feel being leader? You were a deputy for a short time, if I recall correctly. Lemonstar left quite a burden on your shoulders."
As the conversation fell quiet, the brown tabby found himself trying to evaluate the Starclan cat's demeanor, he had a feeling that Aconiteheart didn't believe what he said was the best course of action, that the other cat would likely be against this sort of 'wait and see' attitude, but the Skyclan leader was optimistic that this Syndicate could possibly pull through with their new leadership, turn into good cats and be placed on the right road. He desperately wanted that to happen, he was sure there were a few good cats in that dark place, perhaps one of them was able to take command.
Hearing Aconiteheart's response, he confirmed that the late medicine cat truly did not believe he was doing the right thing in his actions, but Grousestar truly saw no need prodding the broken Syndicate like a fox with a dying rabbit. It was wrong and it didn't fit his moral code. While he was particularly upset about the two felines that came from the Syndicate killing his warriors, he was hoping that those were just two extreme cats of the dark faction, that they weren't all like that. It was a naive thought, but he hoped it would be true. They.. Couldn't all be murderers right? He truly hoped not. Nonetheless, he nodded a bit, glancing away for a moment before looking back as he heard the other shuffle in his place, surely growing restless. It wasn't like Grousestar to lead such a boring conversation, more often than not he would be able to entertain another for hours on end by simply talking. But there was just too many things going on in his head currently to attempt to keep Aconiteheart's attention for too long.

When he heard the others voice, he would focus his attention again and dawn a new smile, listening to the question before breathing out, wiping a paw across his nose as if he had an itch.
"Yes it was quite the burden indeed, I would have to say it caught me a bit off guard, his disappearance. But being leader.. It's.. Something new entirely. Deputy was easy, I didn't really have the responsibility of an entire clan on my shoulders, but being leader.. There's much more that goes into it than cat's think. It's not simply being a figure-head, it's not simply being the voice of Skyclan. It's being the protector of an entire clan, the sole cat that must make sure that all are being fed and taken care of, that all are safe, and you must make decisions based on the behalf of so many and despite all of the best intentions, there will always be a cat that disagrees with what you do. It's very difficult and I believe I still have a lot to learn. But I am trying my best." His gaze focused on his paws, something that was very uncharacteristic of Grousestar, normally he enjoyed maintaining eye-contact, but it was clear that he was speaking what he truly thought. It was hard, it was a job he never thought he would have to take. The disappearance of his best friend.. It was hard.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?