View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
@Duskflight

"The right choices are always the hardest," Aconiteheart murmured. "The clans won't harbor a significant amount of resentment for SkyClan. There are supporters of that era who will hate this clan; to them, they feel their rights were violated and that they were once again wronged by StarClan, but that is inevitable. For the rest, for the time being they'll be grateful for your assistance. Alone, they would not have the courage to face those that oppressed them. The other clans are also under our guidance, and their leaderships will be restored soon enough. Fortunately for the majority of the clans, their leaders were merely driven out or captured, and returning them to their positions won't be a problem. There is a clan left with nothing, as the former leader was killed and her appointed deputy brought forth the reign of darkness, but they're in good paws.."

Thoughtfully, Aconiteheart shifted where he sat, relaxing into a more comfortable stance. "Well, technically speaking SkyClan itself never had a neighbor. SkyClan stem from two conjoined clans that spent countless generations locked in a bloody conflict that ended in flames and grief when the surviving offspring of both clan leaders perished in StarClan's holy wrath. Admittedly, the relocation is a bit odd to me -- keeping in mind I have walked SkyClan's forests since the beginning, but I wouldn't call it a mistake. You'll just need to be wary of your immediate surroundings. This land is unfamiliar and you now border a hostile faction. I can't foresee them not causing issues."
As the ethereal cat began to speak, Grousestar made quite work of clicking his jaws shut in order to listen to the much wiser cat, his ears perked and angled towards Aconiteheart. For some reason, despite the tom already knowing a majority of the information, to hear another cat say it, a cat from Starclan say it, it helped to calm his nerves a bit. In a way, it was proving that he was right in his way of thinking and he wasn't misguided. Breathing out a gentle exhale, the leader nodded a bit, his emerald gaze focusing on his paws for a moment before looking back at the Skyclan ancestor, his smile widening slightly to hear that the clans were in good paws. That's what he wanted to hear, he wanted to know that these clans could continue on, grow back to their former glory that they surely had. Because, yes, while seeing his clan prosper and recover from its somewhat rocky past, he also enjoyed seeming other clans do well as well, now that he knew they existed. He was a fair tom that wanted nothing more than the best for everyone, though obviously he would put his clan first, he did care for others.

As the starry cat continued, intrigue wriggled it's way onto the brown tabby's face as he was told about the history of his clan, it had been so long since he had been told about this, it's not like anyone aside from the elders actively tried to teach clan members about this past.
A small chuckle escaped him as he heard the other tom admit it was strange to be walking on new land since Skyclan had lived in the past lands for many generations, silently agreeing with him, though Grouse was quickly growing accustomed to it.
Though his smile faltered as Aconiteheart mentioned the group that Grousestar was just now realizing that they bordered, the smile dropping and a solemn look replacing it.
"Yes, I've begun to notice this 'faction' as you call it, I smell them at the borders and I believe.. I've caught the... remains of one or two of my warriors in the territory with strange scents about them. I have reason to believe that it is these cats that are doing this. The second I find them, I'm confronting them." A stark look of anger was on the toms face as he spoke about this. "I will show them very quickly what it means to mess with me and my clan and I'm sure they will not like it." Slowly he let the look fade, turning his head a way to look at the entrance of his den for a moment before looking back at his companion, blinking away the anger that had filled him at the thought.
"Do you know if this group has a name?"

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?