View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
@Duskflight

Aconiteheart honestly didn't mind waiting on the young leader. The spirit was in no rush to steal his attention and pursue a conversation, partially out of not wanting to come off as rude. In recent times his only friends, if he could even call one of them that, were Almondfall and Ebonypaw, and as much as he'd love to talk their ears off, Almondfall had a family to care for and Ebonypaw's training was his priority. A few unrelated topics didn't hurt, but the faded medicine cat didn't want to risk ruining any chance at a life-long friendship with the tuxedo feline by annoying her. Grousestar finished his meal sooner than expected -- Aconiteheart being used to cats taking their time in private, and the spotted tabby straightened up when he was spoken to.

"Oh, no worries," he responded. "You haven't left me waiting long, and I'm not in a hurry. Take your time. I can leave if you'd like to go back to your thoughts without being distracted. I don't have anything important to bring to your attention as it is." With the threat of the Evil Era in the past, and the clans on the road to recovery, there wasn't much to discuss in the dire sense. The majority of the Dark Forest worshippers had been killed or exiled, and those few that remained in the clans would be reeling from their recent defeat. "Or you could talk to me about your thoughts, if you'd like. I'm all ears."
Just like nearly everything else he did, he ate fast, it was just an unbroken habit of his that he had built up when he was an apprentice, eating as fast as he could so that he could have more practice to train and do his duties, and the same for when he was a warrior. He really saw no problem in the habit and so had never actually made an effort to get rid of it, and no other cat really seemed to notice the fact anyways, not even him at this point. As Aconiteheart sat up, Grousestar merely settled deeper into his nest, making himself as comfortable as possible and quietly wishing the other tom did the same, he appreciated that other cats were formal with him, but he'd much prefer if they were informal, it meant they were comfortable with him, or that's what he thinks anyways, he thinks it would make cats more at ease, more likely to talk to him if something was going on that he might need to know about. Nonetheless, the tabby tom was completely at ease with the Starclan cat, just as he was with every cat in the clan.

"Oh no, no, please stay, I would greatly enjoy your company, my thoughts aren't going anywhere and besides, they're nothing too important at the moment anyways, just me pondering is all." Mewed the tom, his smile brightening and his forepaws crossing in front of him, his claws flexing a moment before fully relaxing.
"My thoughts really aren't that interesting, but I suppose if you're all ears then I may as well be all mouth." Pausing to chuckle, Grousestar would continue. "Really, the main thing plaguing my mind is if.. I made the right choice in all of this. If it was right for me to come in and drive those cats out, if I did more damage than good. I know they'll recover, I have a good feeling about that, but my question is, what if I left a bad taste in their mouth regarding Skyclan? With us just walking in, wiping out their leadership and leaving. And if it was right to move Skyclan here, yes it's closer to the clans, but we've lived in solidarity for.. Well. For many generations! Was it truly the right decision to change that? I believe it was, but I still can't help but wonder if my opinion is wrong in the case.."
The tom paused before chuckling out.
"Please make yourself comfortable by the way, and tell me if I talk too much, I don't want to talk your ears off because I know all too well I can get a bit talkative."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?