Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2021, 06:34 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post

Coldamber felt a surge of pride for the cat in front of her.
Not too long ago Snakepaw would have likely scoffed and turned away, refusing to partake in Medicine Cat rituals. At one point she worried he would have turned away from his duties to serve his own purpose and yet, here he was, facing a destiny chosen by someone else that he never believed in, ready to give his all for this purpose.
"I appreciate your belief in us as the still living, instead of looking to the dead for answers."

She herself was guilty of this at times, growing tired of the bickering and emotions of her companions and seeking the guidance of someone intangible, an outside view to the situation.
She approached him once more, now readying herself to give him his ceremony.
"StarClan, spirits of our ancestors and the Medicine Cats that came before us. I call upon you to look upon this cat in front of me. He has trained in the ways of a Medicine Cat and I feel him worthy to take his place as another among our rank in the name as a Medicine Cat in full."
These were not the words to be spoken. You were to emplore that StarClan find the cat worthy, but.... she didn't care what they thought. She didn't need someone else to tell her that he was ready, was worthy of his position.
He had grown so much and she wouldn't let anyone take this away from him. This was his moment.

"Snakepaw, do you promise to uphold the Medicine Code and heal your Clan in times of both peace and strife?"
This was it. His answer would solidify his status as a Medicine Cat and he'd be one his own, more or less. Being in different Clans..... meant they could only train so much and at certain times. She wished she could sweep him away, take him under her wing in WindClan unstead, give him a better future..... but what future was there for WindClan or for Snakepaw in WindClan?
She felt powerless and she hated that. What happened to her pride? Her happiness in how far he'd come? Where had this anxiety come from?

((I'm so sorry it took me this long to reply))
Snakepaw didnt care much about the words, pleas to starclan who would never respond but the intent behind them warmed the tom to the core. Coldamber belived he was ready. He was half trained and still young trying desperately to hold his clan together in a crisis, a stress they two cats shared. The struggle to keep an entire clan alive and together through all odds weight piled on top of already weighty duties when it was neither of their places to do so. And if she who understood the trials believed he could make it the apprentice would put faith in experience not the stars and take that as his sign. He was ready.

"I swear to help my clanmates upon my life, my love and all I survived in my time. I'll hold my duty above all else heal my clan and keep them strong with everything I can."
Perhaps it was sad or worrisome the words and how much he meant them. The intent behind them. The promise to abandon his own desires, needs and everything he was for the sake of others but that was a medicine cats burden wasnt it. They as a group would always sacrifice for the whole until there was nothing left with little thanks and no promise of an end. All they could hope to do was support eachother and Snakepaw quietly sweared that he'd do that too for Coldamber. She believed in him and he'd make sure that belief could never be doubted.

Last edited by Rani; March 23rd, 2021 at 01:20 AM.