View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2021, 11:30 PM
i am kenough

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierceclaw View Post
~Bluekit~
Bluekit stayed still as the blood was cleaned. He opened his mouth to speak but then he coughed, causing his body to shake. He stopped and took a breath. "My brother, Shadowkit. He accused me of killing our sister when it was just a mistake. He attacked me and dug his claws in my throat. He tried to kill me but then Buckstar stepped in." Bluekit croaked, another cough overtaking him, this time a little blood coming out of his mouth.
Rainywhisker listens intently, tensing up whenever the kit coughed or grew still. He worried that his inexperience would drive his patients to worse, more extreme conditions. Hopefully with the young ones, that wouldn't be the case. The turbulence of the kit's tale seemed far-fetched to him however, though he wouldn't make that evident. Perhaps there was more to ThunderClan's nursery than mossball and milk. "Shh," he purrs in an attempt to soothe the kit, leaning down to rasp his tongue over their cheeks to clean away the blood. There was an icy fear in his heart knowing a kit could be so hurt by another kit, but he did his best to remain calm. "Try to settle into your nest here, little one. You won't get better if you don't get some rest and relax. I promise that you are safe here, and you will always be safe here."

+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblefire01 View Post

Hawkpaw opened his mouth to reply but before he could, the strongest, most worse pain he'd ever felt shot up his legs and he yelped. His eyes rolled around in their sockets, glazed with pain, but Hawkpaw managed to stay conscious. The bleeding in his shoulder seemed to have slowed down, and any pain he felt was nothing compared to his leg.
Oops. The medicine cat flinches at the explicit reaction to splinting the leg, pausing to stare in horror as Hawkpaw seems to almost faint from the pain. He had forgotten something important- Poppyseeds! Those surely may have helped if given beforehand! Rainywhisker pushes away a crestfallen gloom settling in his chest and continues to wrap the cobwebbing around the sticks. Hopefully it was tight enough to keep this leg straight, but only time would tell. And the apprentice's movement. "You're doing fantastic so far," the stormy gray tom meows huskily, trying to conceal the shame he felt in skipping a step. Moving back, he fetches a couple of poppyseeds next. Placing them upon a convenient, yet rather dried curled leaf, he offers them gingerly to Hawkpaw. "You should swallow these and stay here for the evening."

+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Gravehound... Well Gravehound wasnt doing that good. Limping heavily and basically dragging himself into the medicine cats den in the wake of the battle the large warrior barley got through the threshold before collapsing onto the floor wheezing unhappily. The knock on his head made everything fuzzy, the gash over his back and shoulder bled sluggishly he could barley feel his leg but for the throbbing pain of the cuts and whatever happened with the bone when the coyote thrashed him around it was all too much. Maybe at best he would be able to catch their attention with a movement and other cats would be able to call out for help but all the mute tom could do was lay there. Someone had to notice his presence at some point right?
A tutting noise escapes Rainywhisker's maw before he could conceal his dismay- Another visitor. This had been a hectic time, surely, but it was only made worse knowing he knew very little, while his own apprentice guarded what modest information she knew. Marigold just wasn't going to solve all of his problems, not in the dead of leafbare. Not when his Clanmates were wounded so badly. The stormy gray tom appears at Gravehound's side, looming over the other tom to scope out the severity of this one's injuries. A head injury that he would see to first, and then a shredded limb. The former warrior doubted that the long and beading scratch would cause his Clanmate too much of a fuss however, but that too could change. He wasn't too sure. Looking about, the tom reaches for a smallish clump of springy moss. Thankfully they had a bit around for nesting or drinking- And he ambles to the water trickling through the den in the corner.

Rainywhisker returns to Gravehound then and slowly begins to wash away the blood and matting on his head. As toms, he had to admit he felt a little peculiar imagining cleaning this patient as he would have done with the kits or apprentices he'd seen. He wasn't really... About that. After this, he moves away again to refresh the moss thoroughly so that he could (albeit way more gingerly) do the same cleanse for Gracehound's leg. After a while, Rainywhisker lets out a sigh. "I know you cannot speak," he rasps. "So if you're capable of tapping your front paw for me, I need a few answers. First, would you like a few poppy seeds for the pain you're feeling? Two taps on the ground here for yes, one for no." As he speaks, he is already moving to obtain a thick bundle of cobwebbing.

+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Frostpaw growled softly at Tidepaw before using her paw to attempt to shove the berry into the mouth and then tried to hold his jaws shut and hissed softly,” Chew or it’ll be a much much worse way you’ll be leaving this world.” she growled lashing her tail angrily, she didn’t care if that was too far, that traitor needed to die.
[ power-played as a high rank execution ]
"He'll swallow them," Rainywhisker says stiffly, brushing away from Buckstar to crouch alongside Frostpaw. Putting one paw upon Tidepaw's shoulder to keep him pinned, Rainywhisker uses his other paw to do as his apprentice was attempting to do: Holding the younger tom's mouth shut to prevent him from spitting or snarling, vomiting or lashing out otherwise, the medicine cat waits until the apprentice is forced into swallowing before moving again. His copper eyes fill with something dark. Turning away from Tidepaw while the toxic effects of the deathberries took hold, he looks at the others. "He will be under my care from now on," he murmurs. "You're all free to go. You as well, Frostpaw." He wasn't going to be here for much longer, either.

As the activities of the evening calm, Rainywhisker moves Tidepaw's body. The less of their Clanmates were out and about in camp, the better. The stormy older tom picks up the small body of the apprentice and leaves the den, and the camp in silence.
[ Concluding this roleplay. Thank you <3 @Slushie, @Kai, @~Fox~ ]