View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2021, 12:21 PM
i am kenough

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Wing View Post
Twilight Wing winced a stinging sharp pain was coming from her foreleg,she looked down to see the snow beneath her turn red,a large gash was there."well I better get to the medicine cat den,looks like Iam out Of this battle".She limped into the medicine cat den and collapsed in a nearby mossy nest.Spots danced at the edge of her vision,she felt weak and tired so she fell into a foggy dreamless sleep,coming in and out of consciousness,waiting for Rainywhisker or Frostpaw.

Rainywhisker knew that the torrent of patients coming would mean a long night for himself and Frostpaw, who was thankfully just as aware of their position as he'd become. His attention is taken by Twilightwing, who stumbled into the den to fall into a heap a few pawsteps in. Knowing you've reached safety while badly wounded was an exhausted relief, the former warrior knew well. Before going to the she-cat's side, the tom shuffles about for the stash of cobwebs he'd decided to now keep closer to him rather than away in the back. He had no way of preventing infections- Marigold wouldn't spread this thin, and he wasn't quite willing to send Frostpaw away to find something in this frozen wood. Ensuring the bleeding had stopped seemed most important to him immediately. And so, the tom stoops low to do his best at clearing away the blood and other debris from Twilightwing's wounds before pasting down the sticky webbing, his facial features rigid with worry.

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierceclaw View Post
~Bluekit~
Bluekit stumbled into the medicine cat den, a trail of blood from his throat following him. "Help me." Bluekit croaked, hoping Rainywhisker or Frostpaw had heard him. He flopped down where he was, not having enough energy to stand up any longer.

What was with all of these kittens being injured?! Rainywhisker looks at the kit now entering with dismay, a small hardly audible gasp escaping his lips. "Yes, yes," he meows hurriedly. "Let's get you into a nest." The tom kept his voice low and as steady as he could, an effort made to keep the kit calm. "What on earth happened?" Questions to keep them talking while he did what he needed to do seemed to help, serving as both a distraction and a good gauge to how the patient was doing. As he begins to clean away the blood, he keeps an attentive ear out.

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella_heart View Post
@implimm @Zesty Mango
Blueface padded, in, his side giving him jolts of pain now. he wonder what he should do, and he paused just inside the den. then he shrugged and and sat down in a mossy nest. he wondered if he shouldn't act so lazy.

Ready for this visitor more or less, Rainywhisker wastes no time in practically jumping Blueface with his trusty cobwebs. The gray tom studies his Clanmate closely, measuring what he knew; The warrior didn't seem agonized but rather only slightly bothered. It wasn't a bad, deep wound. Less cobwebs, and still reserving the marigold as he had precious little of it. "How does that feel? Burning, or just bothersome?" This was something that had dawned on him before at some time- Burning could mean infection, he'd dealt with a few in his own past. "If it begins to burn, come back." Rainywhisker instructs Blueface while pattting down a light layer of cobwebs onto the cleaned scratch. "Unfortunately I have to ask you to return to your own nest for the night- The den is going to be full of cats I hardly stopped from bleeding out. Is that alright?"

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblefire01 View Post

"My back leg..." Hawkpaw whispered then growled in agony. "I-I think its broken again. I know i shouldn't have fought after it had just healed... but i did anyway." he managed to say.

"Broken?" Rainywhisker frowns deeply, then looks around for Frostpaw. He knew her awful track-record of healing patients in unorthodox manners but he had no clue how to set a bone properly. Would this apprentice ever be able to walk again? Where was the damn medicine cat's apprentice when the medicine cat needed her? Lashing his tail, he growls non-verbally and turns to plunder the back of the den, pulling out a thick stick they'd taken some time ago, and another slimmer one. Returning to the apprentice, he hunches over the tom. "I'll have to do some things that may hurt, a lot. I know you can withstand the pain though- You're a warrior at heart," he tells Hawkpaw confidently, copper eyes flashing in the dim shade of the den. Without waiting then, he picks up the broken leg to slide the thinner branch beneath it longways, then place the thicker on the top. He'd be using a ton of cobwebs to hold this in place, but if it looked proper, then maybe he was doing good. Swathing the leg thoroughly in cobwebs was all Rainywhisker could do anymore for it.

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

-TALLKIT-
Just healing please Its just my muzzle,I'll stand still Rainy and it wasnt lucky. Now Crookys gone and the puppy ate him and I dont know where he is,I Saw Sunny but I think he was real. Thundy said other wise. Tallkit mewed while sitting still just enough for Rainywhisker to help her muzzle thing. Tallkit still wanted Crooky ,she'd started to ignore her adoptive mother kinda? It was good enough for her liking since Thundy well betrayed her.

Rainywhisker let the kit babble on. It was so intelligible to him that he'd given up on trying to comprehend what was being said anymore. He had a hunch that another kit had been bitten to death perhaps, and that alone was a tragedy. For a kit to witness this was surely enough to turn it unreasonably crazy for a time. He lets out an unintentional sigh as he cleans the kit's wounds, then plucks up some cobwebbing to place over the scratches. Her ears would be more difficult to bandage, and so he decides not to waste the cobwebs there. They'd heal quickly after all.

Last edited by plum; February 22nd, 2021 at 12:21 PM.