View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2020, 02:23 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Icestar's Afterlife Training

// @punkscape

Surprisingly enough, there were less chattering squirrels attending this secret meeting compared to the one in the wicked forest. The frosty warrior would think it to be the other way around since Dawnstar acted more violent than her predecessor, but apparently not. Perhaps most, if not all, of all the felines here appeared through their own consent, and with an actual goal in mind rather than having nothing to do.

He took the time during the small break between instructions to note down who else stood in the clearing, then redirected his attention back to the speaker as the introduction started up again, but the second he heard his name, his mind paused for a moment. So... he wouldn't be learning anything new? Demonstrating. Hopefully, that didn't equivalate to being used as living practice stone. Thankfully, that possibility seemed unlikely.

As the crowd split while felines met with their training partners, Talonstone walked over to his former leader and dipped his head ever-so-slightly in respectful greeting. He wasn't about to pretend that they were equals despite where he stood, though he regarded her curiously. Did the ebony feline know that he'd been trained by darkness? After their first encounter in the Everdusk, he wouldn't be alarmed if she knew the truth.

He suddenly came to realize that he would need to demonstrate moves that he might not know himself. Now, the large warrior had already mastered a healthy variety of skills. Said skills ranged from traditional thundercat tactics to advanced shadowcat maneuvers, along with some outsider-based tricks, illegal blows that no star-aligned cats should know, and a few things he'd noticed while sparring with otherclanners. However, Talonstone hadn't seen it all, and there was bound to be something that he had yet to learn since Icestar planned on teaching lesser-known moves. Should that be the case, then he would need to either improvise or master the move within the first attempt. The latter wouldn't be impossible, especially if the move turned out to be similar to one he was already aware of - only, it would likely turn out as an unnecessary hassle.

Knowing that, the frosty warrior found it perfectly reasonable for him to ask - quietly so that the trainees wouldn't hear over the hushed arena, "May I know which moves you are planning on teaching in advance?" Though different felines referred to certain moves by different names, it would still allow him a basic idea of their agenda.
Have a wonderful day!