View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2020, 08:38 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Oh, ok.
Honeycreeper could do that. He had for his mate.
The familiarity of it made him less panicked about what he had to do, what was to come next, after all this was done.
He quickly set about to cleaning the kit, tongue carefully scraping over the delicate creature.
And yet.... something was off. Too still, too quiet. Not even a wimper or whine. Oh, stars.
Was it dead?
He stopped to look and there was laying before him was a twisted little thing, spindly and half formed. There was no way the kit was alive.
He stifled a grief stricken cry.
Poor Crowskip.
All this for nothing?

Trembling, Crowskip moved her head enough she could chomp down onto the stick without poking Ebonyfang with it.
Stars, the pain.
But the first kit was out of the way and that seemed to make this easier, if only slightly. It didn't help the pain, but the kits came easier.
With a cry, there were two, and then a third, and then the pain eased, but her sides still fluttered, lessening by the second after the third.
Was it over?
She still hurt everywhere, but there were no new waves of pain.

With the new kits, Honeycreeper forced himself to bring them closer, hiding the deformed, deceased body from the queen and set to cleaning the kits, body trembling.
Here was another stillborn, missing limbs and a crooked spine.
He almost missed the third, the living kit, which squirmed and squealed as it should. He forced himself to move, unsure if he was imagining the kit for his own sanity.

@Moon Lily @The Ink Demon

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.