Old October 15th, 2020, 01:28 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

// @Zesty Mango @Spoopy Star @Moon Lily @The Ink Demon @Rainquail
Snailswirl
________

As Irisflame spoke to them, the tabby let out a chuckle. “I think it’s more like the rock wants to hang out with me,” they responded, matching her teasing tone.

The woodsy scent of ThunderClan overpowered the den as a figure stomped in. A glare swept around the cave as Frostbreeze introduced herself. Hmmph, they could see why she had the prefix Frost. Well, it was a good thing she was so determined to become a warrior. They didn't quite fancy working with her. And she had a bodyguard? ‘That’s odd. Maybe the cat is here to guard us from her.’ Just as the thought ran through their head, the other ThunderClanner spoke up. They couldn't help but let out a snort of amusement at the calliby’s words. That seemed more like it.

Ebonyfang dipped his head toward them, and they responded similarly. They may not know the ShadowClan medicine cat apprentice very well, but that didn't mean they had to take on a “Frostbreeze” kind of attitude.

As their green eyes adjusted to the miniscule light in the cave, they began to see the glows of the cats around them. Frostbreeze’s was a vivid purple-blue, a color that they had come to realize was something like disgust. Well, that seemed about right. Ebonyfang’s took on a light reddish hue. They wanted to say that was annoyance? Ebonyfang and Irisflame’s auras practically mirrored each other. As another cat streaked in, a burst of pale green and yellow hit them. Those colors were good, right? It seemed so, because that very cat was Coldamber.

With a happy noise that they couldn't quite stifle, they very nearly collapsed when they recognized Coldamber. Oh, how they had missed her. Though she smelled like... ThunderClan? Oh. She was probably there to help or something. They hoped. ThunderClan couldn’t steal Coldamber. Snailswirl needed her too much.

Irisflame’s words jolted them back to reality, and a glow, soft at first, then increasingly bright, filled the cavern. They hadn’t actually seen this happen before. And it took their breath away. The tabby stepped backwards, eyes wide with wonder. This was... beautiful. With a quick shake of their head and one last glance at Coldamber, they stepped toward the glowing stone. First, they felt cold spread across the delicate skin of their nose. Then, darkness threatened to overtake them. Instead of fighting it, something inside the medicine cat told them that it was okay. This darkness was good.

They hoped they were right.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]

Last edited by vellichor; October 15th, 2020 at 01:28 PM.