Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2020, 04:50 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: The Starcave

[ @punkscape @Undertaker ]
(I'm not sure if you still need another life, but I'm here if you do!)

Irisflame shuddered in apprehension. Her conscience refused to cut the alarms blaring in her head, the ringing that so blatantly signalled how wrong this was. Dawnstar was going to lead Shadowclan. The Tyrant was going to lead her clan. And nothing was stopping her. Azure blues pinned on the great she-cat, she held her breath as an identical dark pelt stepped across the clearing to meet her. Icestar...please be sensible. The silent plea seemed to have been heard. In an impossible moment, the former leader's life kindled a flame. A small, hopeful flame.

Common sense. The medicine cat smothered a grin. This would be something unexpected for Her Tyrannical Majesty. Hopefully, she would use the life wisely- the molly would need it if she wanted to lead. Jumping to attention as Icestar swung around to face her, the blue-furred she-cat puffed out her small chest. The she-cat's surprisingly soft gaze was met with a warm look of her own, pooling with a variety of emotions.
In truth, the leader's death had hit her harder than expected. Yes- she could be cold and snarky and cruel. But she truly cared. She was wise and just. And...she had even been a friend, at times. Attempting to bury the grief collecting in her chest, she nodded to Dawnstar. The clan would be asking after them if they were gone for too long.

"Let's go." She murmured, approaching the newly-appointed leader. Hah.

This would be an adventure.

[ @Zesty Mango @The Ink Demon @Dipper @elysian @Rainquail ]
(sorry for being so late with this! if you don't want to attend the meeting, VM me and ignore the mention <3)

Irisflame could feel the steady itch in her feet as she scaled the hill, muscles feeling as though they had been plagued with all the evil and pain in the world. She really needed to get out more often. Her breath rattled in her throat, now achy and sore. Stars...you'd better be grateful. She dragged herself the last painful lengths. Hugging the summit as if she could slide back downwards any second, she nodded to Ebonyfang. "You...hah...you okay...Ice-clo...ne?" She gasped. Her lungs needed a vacation after this.

Coughing as she inched her way through the musty passage, she squinted through the shadows. Moonhigh was fast approaching. It had felt like ages since their last proper Starcave meeting, even though she had just been there with Dawnstar a quarter moon ago. The last two had been called off due to heavy clouds streaking the moon. An omen? ...Nah. She couldn't take every darned thing as though it meant chaos and destruction. Pace quickening as the narrow hallway began to open up, she found herself staring into the vastness of a cavern. Their cavern. The precious milky stone in its centre stood grandly, as usual, and despite the silence of the space, it felt so...alive.

They had to get this over with. Ebonyfang's official apprentice ceremony had been called off last time, and she was sure she had to do some sort of fancy formality with the two Windclanners. Sometimes she hated being the only one left of her original peers- she couldn't complain about apprentices or reminisce about her past anymore. And she was stuck officiating all the ceremonies. I should run away and go on a retreat at this point. Of course, she was joking. But maybe a little holiday in the territories would be nice.

"The others better hurry up. The moon isn't waiting any longer and we're going in without them otherwise."

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3