View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2020, 06:54 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Ah the apprentices had finished perfect. Adderfang looked up from where she had been filling her last hole and scanned an eye over the job the two had done before refocusing on them, contect with how they'd done. Hm they were both a tad nervous, understandable cats really didn't belong underground and to be so was no doubt uncomfortable, and while some warriors would simply order them under with no care Adderfang was always a bit soft on apprentices and had no problem with taking the time to reassure them.

"It doesn't really matter who goes down first but let's take the time to talk about what you're gonna do when you're down there." She remarked making her way over to the large entrance. It must have been an old den for a larger animal that was vacated for the mice to take over because the main entrance (and undoubtedly the main burrow area) was more spacious then one might expect if covered by debris. "The reason I feel confident to send you both in is mainly due to the ground around here. The nest is fairly shallow, to the point where I found this was a large burrow by placing my ear to the ground and found I could actually hear them through the ground. And look" Standing over the burrow she paused before shoving her paw through the dirt, easily breaking through into the tunnels below soft soil easily pushed aside with a little force.

"There's only mice scent down there so you'll not run into any predators and if you get into any trouble and for some reason cannot break your own way out Ill be able to hear you and dig you out myself." She gave a small reassuring grin, nothing would happen to these apprentices as long as she was here to protect them in her mind.
"You wont have to go in to far just to the main area and create as much noise as possible to flush the mice out to me at this main entrance, and feel free to kill those that cross your path down there. And hey" She dropped her voice to a whisper at this point a light hearted twinkle in her eye "don't tell the other apprentices (they may get jealous) but you'll both be getting a little reward if you do well, just a little less known bonus of burrow flushing." That should be enough for the younger cats to get going so the molly settled into a waiting crouch ready to lunge at any prey that came bolting out. The mice were no doubt already riled up and ready to flee with all this noise at this point anyway.

@Katniss @gs29513