View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2020, 07:37 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

The black and brown warrior aimed a small pleased nod at her own apprentices willingness to join them before turning focus back onto Shrewpaws eager words. She blinked once in surprise at the sheer energy before letting out an amused huff. While she did honestly enjoy Marigoldpaws sharp focus and dedication but she didn't act much like a young apprentice sometimes, not like Shrewpaw was, and the reminder that happiness and simple joy at a task could exist in shadowclan still was a balm to her pessimistic psyche. With the two apprentices on her heels and her tail flicking contentedly she headed into the forrest to the area she'd spotted on her way to the new camp not half a day earlier.

"You are mostly correct, yes that is the core of burrow flushing but it's a little bit more complex than that." She drawled easily swapping into teacher mode. "We don't do this often as it kills both the older prey and the younger, making it less easy to hunt in the same areas and still catch prey after, but it is good for catch a lot at once. Ive spotted a large mouse burrow in the area we are heading to we will then have to find and block all of the smaller entrances leading to it after which you two will go into the burrow and chase all the prey you can find to the one entrance we will leave uncovered where I will be waiting. Mouse burrows are shallow enough that we wont run into much trouble but even if we do I can easily dig you out even if you cant do it yourself. On the downside it's too small for me to fit, which is why its good you two are with me." Her head lifted as she scented the air and the growing smell of mouse.
"Interestingly from what Ive heard from Windclan warriors at previous gatherings rabbit burrows have the opposite issue added to the fact that they can actually harm a cat." Her tone was an interesting mix of anger at the other clan and curiosity over the idea of hunting a prey that shadowclan rarely saw before she shook herself upon arriving at the area.

"Right we're here look around for holes but leave the big one alone and cover them with whatever you can find. Any questions?" Adderfang idly asked already working to plug any small holes.
@Wolfgirl8 @gs29513

Last edited by Rani; September 29th, 2020 at 07:37 PM.