View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:50 PM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ShadowClan's Liberation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
Blazingnight stared at the limp body of Grousestar. For a moment sympathy flooded through her, she wasn't a heartless cat after all. She knew how it felt to lose a life, so be seated before those who had granted your power and feel useless, defeated. Though she also felt pride in her skills, a swell of pride that she was defending her clan as she was supposed to do. Her white chest was proudly stuck out, though it was no longer white and more crimson, pink and brown from battle. Her ebony striped sides rose and fell heavily as she stared at the body, trying to wrap her head around it. She'd never killed another cat before, it was something that both shocked her and made her feel satisfied. She wanted to shrink away from the feeling, though she heard her voice called and her golden eyes looked up at who called. For a moment they still held the earlier emotions, the confusion and proud that was laced with fear. Then recognition set in and she snarled.

"What do you want." She hissed eyes already looking past the shecat and trying to see if any help for the fallen Skyclan leader was nearby. He would need a moments rest when he came to, as his body would still be weak and disoriented and that's when she planned to strike again. Her tail was fanned out behind her with the excitement of battle. "Go fight!" She ordered the tan warrior. She didn't hold as much fondness or familiarity to her as she once did. As apprentices they were inseparable, but jealousy, lies and power had torn them apart as they grew.
Scorchflake looked towards the SkyClan leader once more, narrowing her eyes and then returning them to Blazingnight. "I've been fighting." She commented, glancing back at the battling forms, listening to the screeching and movement of bodies for a moment before her attention went back to Blazingnight. "I've been fighting, and you've lost two of your own warriors." A small moment of worry flickered, worry that Blazingnight would be upset. But then she didn't care. Why should she care, what the she-cat thinks? "I've been fighting, and one of those warriors won't be returning!" She spat out these words, hate for the leader running thick. She didn't feel sorrow for the death of the warrior she killed. At the time she felt terrible, but she was quickly distracted by another, and she forgot all about the grief in the kill. It was worrisome, the fact she didn't seem to care in the slightest.
Kneading the ground with her claws, she shot daggers at her best friend. The she-cat filled with abuse. "I'm still fighting." Those three words were spoken softer, but with a new intensity of savage anger. No one would see an obedient, fearful apprentice if they gazed at her. Some might be afraid as she bristled, amplifying her size, glared, and shredded the dirt below. It was amazing she hadn't attacked. But no, Scorchflake was smarter than that. She wouldn't dare lunge first. Blazingnight had more injuries, was probably more worn from her fight. The warrior had more time to recover. Calculating eyes darted to view the ShadowClan leader, taking in any hint of emotion, hidden injury... Regret? No, Scorchflake wasn't searching for any of that. She was looking for more reason to sink her claws into her best friend. Take a life from her.
What have you done to me?! You've corrupted me, Blazingnight!