View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:24 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

(time for cloning )

Iceclaw sat in the clearing, his usual company of no one as he sank his teeth into a lizard. The meat was tough, but his stomach growled and begged for almost anything. The tom wasn't too picky when it came to his fresh-kill anyway. His thoughts were still mostly on his missing daughter anyway. She's got to be fine.... Silentpaw is a strong and capable young cat, she's got everything handled, these words needed to be repeated in his head in order to keep him from going crazy with worry for his estrange kit.

He didn't even notice his mate padding into the clearing, taking no notice as she watched him for a few heartbeats, debating on whether to walk up to him or not. No matter who started the conversation, it wouldn't end well. Both of them knew that their relationship was failing - it had been for awhile now, but they had been dancing around it.

His ears perked as Shrew approached him and called his name. He turned and saw a fake smile plastered upon her maw. He suddenly sat up and waited for her to say something, but when she said nothing he took it upon himself to continue the conversation from there. Neither of us like this... but I know that she'll be hurt way more than me, he thought sadly. "Shrew, we have to talk," Iceclaw mewed, his voice dead serious and his gaze came off a bit more colder than he had wanted.

"O-oh, okay," Shrew simply waved her tail as she took a seat next to her mate. Her amber orbs filled with fear of what he was about to sat next, what he was about to tell her. It's nothing, he just wants to talk, we haven't spoke in a bit and it's a good thing he wants to talk, she didn't want to think about what he was actually going to say. "I'm glad that you want to talk - it's been awhile, hasn't it," the pale tabby gave off an awkward chuckle.

The tuxedo just watched her, his gaze turned to that similar to pity. He kne what she was trying to ignore what was wrong between them, trying to cling onto what little they had left. He had known she wasn't the one not too long after they became mates, aware she was only to keep him from missing Eversong. But he still loved his first mate, and was growing more emotionless towards Shrew. There was no reason for them to be together any longer.

He took a deep breath before continuing. "Look Shrew... we've both seen this coming for awhile now. In fact, I probably would've done this sooner if it wasn't for Jali- I mean Frozenpaw," he quickly corrected himself before continuing. "But he's no longer a kit, and we... well, we should stop pretending like kits ourselves. Shrew, we aren't working and we haven't for too long; we're done," Iceclaw winced at how harsh his tone was as he finished what he was struggling to say. Even if he didn't love her, it still hurt to leave the molly. He began to stand up so he could let the tabby have a moment alone.

The pale brown cat hated the pitiful look he gave her, but knew that she actually deserved it. For once she was lost to her usually fighting personality. She normally would've leaped to her paws and refused to let him walk out like this, refuse him freedom from their relationship. But that wouldn't work, he would still leave nonetheless, and that would probably just make her even more saddened. But she was desperately in love with him, and she wasn't prepared to let him go so soon.

"B-but you can't!" She called after him. She watched as Iceclaw continued to just walk off, forcing one step in front of the other. "What about our unborn children?" The lie almost stung her tongue as she yowled them out to her mate - or rather practically ex-mate. And Shrew watched as Iceclaw stopped at this news.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛