View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2020, 08:56 AM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
boop
Was that a... was that a joke? At a time like this? Maybe Cormorantpaw should have been annoyed and maybe he was just delirious but the apprentice let out a snort and managed to form a grin. He just got wrecked by the cat who was supposed to be healing him.

“Hey, buddy! At least my face is all messed up from a branch- what’s your excuse?”

Hopefully, the grin on Cormorantpaw’s face would let Fawnsqueak know that Cormorantpaw was only teasing him. It would be awkward to have to apologize for insulting Riverclan’s medicine cat... As for his eye, the black and grey apprentice wasn’t really satisfied with the answer but he had a finite amount of energy with which to have a conversation before passing out again and he figured arguing wasn’t going to change the answer much.

Then again, the other topic for consideration was how Cormorantpaw knew Fawnsqueak’s name, a topic he was growing more and more tired of. Truthfully, he didn’t really know the cat’s name. He’d heard of Fawnsqueak through Riverclan cat’s at the gathering and knew it was the medicine cat’s name and woke up in a den that smelled like Riverclan and herbs (and smoke but that had a different explanation) with a single cat who didn’t really look like he felt out of place.

“I just made an assumption- the medicine cat of Riverclan is Fawnsqueak. I’m in a den that smells like herbs and Riverclan. You are here. You’re fur is brown and white. I jumped to conclusions.”

Cormorantpaw wouldn’t have even continued talking about it, but he didn’t want this cat thinking he was a stalker. That would lead to uncomfortable gatherings for the rest of his life as he avoided even catching sight of the Riverclan Tom who believed him to be an obsessed stalker.

Last edited by dionysus; July 11th, 2020 at 08:56 AM.