View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2020, 08:56 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

@Arie

Oh? Doepaw had been in ShadowClan for a moon? Well then... Ribbitpaw suddenly felt quite disconcerted by the fact that he'd gone living in the same clan as this cat without even learning her name for an entire moon. It felt rather embarrassing, now that he was realizing his utter ignorance. Perhaps it would be a smart idea to start attending clan meetings more often. "Another wise point, you make. I suppose that I just... I wish they'd be more subtle with it. I'm all for expressiveness, but, the degree to which they express can prove to be quite irritating. By this, I mean the way in which they invariably have screaming matches and jump around while speaking, and laugh at... pretty much everything. But, oh well, I suppose we can't control their wild behavior." He was getting relatively invested in this conversation now. A unique topic in his opinion, and something which he regularly experienced and was irked by, so there were plenty of instances he could name to aid in keeping interest. Putting a hold on his thoughts for a moment, he listened carefully to Doepaw's words. Blind? So his assumption had been correct after all. In reality, he'd even nearly forgotten of that guess. Other than the fact that he knew Doepaw couldn't see him, or anything around them, it was really no different to having a conversation with a sighted cat. It most definitely didn't hinder her intelligence or ability to provide knowledgeable input, and he didn't see any point in making a remark about it. Choosing to do so might even result in shifting some uncomfortable attention onto her, so from that, he would refrain. Instead, he simply refocused his attention onto the rest of her statement. The way she sort of... subtly recounted her experiences... it seemed to him that she'd had a rough time growing up, and perhaps that had even lasted all the way up to the point where she'd departed her former clan in favor of this one. But again, he wasn't going to request further explanation. She could elaborate if she wished, but those details were likely more personal, and he wasn't one to intrude on another's privacy. And though he was beginning to get all caught up in his thoughts again, Doepaw's next statement snapped his attention back. "Ahh, that's a very rational comparison. And an accurate one at that. While I can't speak from experience on your behalf, I do get what you mean in terms of the other side. Those with the sense of sight, myself included, often don't take the precious time to realize... just how fortunate we are to be able to see the beauty of life. I am aware this is a sensitive topic, so if you feel offended in any way, I apologize in advance, and don't mean it to be intentional." He paused for a minute, to reflect on the final part of her statement. That one had some personal experiences attached to it. It seemed this conversation was causing him to learn much more about himself than he'd originally expected. "As for the second part of your comment... I've definitely been through and seen all of that. Back in the nursery, most of the other kits always talked about growing up and becoming warriors. But... I initially saw no rush in getting there. Unfortunately, my mindset seemed to have worked the opposite way, as all those kits who were wishing to rapidly mature are now the obnoxious hyperactive apprentices, while I am... well... me."

Character Site ✩ Bump after 3 days. ✩