View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2020, 04:20 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: attached to the stars [ private ]

What was an aconite? He glanced over his shoulder in mild confusion at the young female. How-- oh! "It's monkshood, wolfsbane? No?" He quirked his brow when nothing seemed to click. "Aconite is a poison! Very toxic if a cat were to eat it, but I was not named after the poison itself.. the root of the plant is brown and spotted like I am!" He puffed his chest slightly.

Perhaps being named for a poison wasn't the best thing to be proud of, but Aconiteheart liked his name and didn't think much else on it. "I don't know why anyone would want to do that! It erases what made you.. you. Everything significant you experienced, every memory, every ounce of knowledge you've obtained-- potentially gone forever. Resurrection is the lesser of the two evils, but.. you run the risk of just being killed again, like that queen that died and came back almost immediately, and.. if you've been dead long enough, you don't know anyone. The world goes on without you, you're left in the dust." All of Aconiteheart's friends were long gone. His brother, Shatteredstar, Ripplesky-- all dead for seasons upon seasons. Interactions with them were minimal. In the endless skies, it was easy to get lost or miss cats.

"Did you think they always lived in those knock off hills?" He laughed. "No! Before your Clans sought Grousestar's assistance, we ruled the mountains! You'll never meet a tougher group of cats. Well.." he flattened his ears back. "We were. Stars, we got the short end of the stick! I don't think.. moving our Clan did us any favors. We were fine here, everything was peaceful.. I mean, not the divorce thing, but otherwise it was fine. You don't need the other Clans to stay afloat." He was rambling and he didn't care, reminiscing about something that could never be again.

This was amusing at least! "You heal cats and you're no longer a warrior. Sounds like a medicine cat to me!" He wasn't fazed by being bumped into, using the opportunity to bop Fawnsqueak on his nose. "We can't do everything! We don't have.. powers, we don't see everything. Most things, sure, but everything would be impawsible!" At his awful pun, he snickered.

Okay, okay. Back to the task at paw.. raspberry leaves. "Of course they do. Here, come on. Come along!"

It didn't take long to get to the raspberry bush: tangled in thorny brambles near the forest edge. "See? Look for something like this.. where the trees break and grass begins. Now the leaves!!"

Aconiteheart reached over to carefully pluck some from the bush, turning on his pads to show the spikey leaves off. "What you want from these is the juices. They are.. hmm, they are an coagulant and a painkiller. They stop bleeding. But you don't usually use them for wounds, you could if you wanted-- but, it's most commonly used in kitting! Sometimes queens have.. complications and these stop it better than anything else."

[ @Dipper ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules