Thread: Coyote Invasion
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2020, 03:21 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: Coyote Invasion

The silver tomcat had fought of the first coyote that attacked him, thankfully without a ton of effort. The coyote had been skinny and weak anyways, probably one of the weaker ones of the pack. And his concern for his kits was growing into something he couldn't ignore anymore. So he ran towards the nursery, blue eyes widening when he saw Coyotesnarl get bowled over by a coyote. Oddear showed up a moment late, but Quicksilver could already see the tom didn't really know what he was doing. Bunching his muscles, Quicksilver took a mighty leap towards the coyote and landed on its back, digging his claws into its shoulders. The canine let out a yelp of surprise and started jumping around to get the cat loose, but Quicksilver hung on. He opened his mouth and bit down hard on the coyote's neck, feeling the creature's blood pool into his mouth. He then let go of the coyote, stumbling a little as he hit the ground, but landing on his paws nonetheless. With the injured coyote running, he turned to Coyotesnarl and Oddear, his blue eyes seeming to glow in the dim light. He spotted one of his kits, Lynxkit, near the medicine cat, and ran over to both of them. He spat out some of the foul tasting blood in his mouth, tail stub still quivering. "You two. Take my kit. Make sure she gets out of here. Take all the kits you can and get out of here. I'll cover for you." Quicksilver's orders were quick and sharp, and then he turned around again, launching himself towards another coyote venturing too close for his liking.

-----

Lynxkit had stumbled her way out of the nursery, pushed onward by the other queens and kits inside. She'd lost track of her littermates and her mother, and the small brown tabby was petrified by what she saw in the clearing. There was a tomcat... she didn't know his name, but a coyote had him pinned down. Then suddenly she'd spotted... Quicksilver? Yeah... that was her dad, if she remembered correctly. He'd launched himself at the coyote, and the next moment, Lynxkit spotted him coming closer, blood dripping from his jaws. The kit curled up, trembling in fear, eyes wide as she looked at him. She didn't know what had happened, all she knew was that he looked scary and she didn't know what to do. She could barely hear him speak with the other tom, only tuning in to him ordering the cat to take her out of here. She wanted that. She wanted to leave. Lynxkit stumbled closer to the tom as Quicksilver left again, curling closer to his leg and looking up at him with wide fearful eyes. "Are you gonna protect me?" She asked, shivering a little bit, both with fear and from the cold.

@wren

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.

Last edited by RedHead; March 22nd, 2020 at 03:24 PM.