View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2019, 02:54 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: ShadowClan Raid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little-life-light View Post

Rabbitpaw

The sharp, piercing pain that had wracked her body slowly faded into a dull ache that throbbed with every heartbeat as she crouched by the nursery, her bloodied leg tucked against her side and hidden against the wall. She watched with wide eyes as the black and white apprentice rushed off into the fray after Iceheart's words. She must be Iceheart's apprentice, Rabbitpaw thought, attention turning back on the large she-cat who had once more pinned the ginger tom. She needed to find Snowfrost. She wasn't any good cooped up here against the nursery wall, doing nothing but getting in Iceheart's way.

Now!

Yellow eyes flashed as she pushed off the ground with her three good legs, using Iceheart's words as a distraction so she could get away and find her mentor. There was a scuffling sound behind her and she glanced over her shoulder in time to see the rogue's claws reaching for her throat. She gasped, her paws stuttering underneath her as she tried to avoid the tom's claws by rearing her head back. His claws missed her vulnerable neck by a hair, slicing up her cheek and over her right eye instead. The cut was shallow, her eyelid keeping the claws from digging into her fragile irises, but an extensive amount of blood poured from the wound and into her eye, blinding her and filling her nose with the thick, cloying scent. She didn't let that stop her however, and pushed the fierce, biting pain to the back of her mind as she sprinted off into the crowd.

Snowfrost was all the scottish fold could think off as she dashed through the throng of fighting cats, awkwardly dodging swiped paws and bared fangs on three legs as she searched for her mentor with her one good eye. Little did she know she was only putting more distance between herself and the senior warrior in her hunt, and so far she had gotten lucky by not getting attacked herself. But that luck had to run out at some point.

A huge, black-furred leg suddenly appeared out of the dark in front of her, and she couldn't slow down or avoid it quick enough. The grey-and-white apprentice slammed her face into the leg, tumbling backwards in a flurry of limbs as she tried to get back up on her paws. Blood was all she could smell, and her right eye was caked shut in the dark red liquid. She couldn't identify the humongous cat in front of her in the dim lighting, and immediately assumed the worst. The young apprentice hissed menacingly, arching her spine and fluffing out her pelt, trying to look as intimidating as possible - which wasn't very much considering her small stature and injured leg.

The tom hadn’t expected to feel a cat barrel into his leg. Of course, it wasn’t uncommon, happened to him all the time, it was just unexpected in the heat of the battle. Icy blue hues turned downwards to assess the cat who’d run into him. He could tell they were quite small, probably apprentice age. He could also smell blood, the fresh tang of it hitting his nose. He could even feel some on his leg from where the smaller cat had run into him. His first thought was oh crap did she run into me that hard she cracked her head?! But that was illogical. His eyes dilated to adjust and allow him to view the smaller cat better. She was hissing at him, small frame looking ragged and torn from a fight. He could smell Shadowclan on her beneath the blood. And it took him only a moment to realize that she probably thought he was one of the filthy rogues. Even he could barely smell anything but blood.
“Hey uh, it’s okay.” He trued to reassure, learning down towards her slowly, as not to scare her. He didn’t know how to handle cats younger than him, especially those that’s were seriously hurt. “I’m from Shadowclan. There’s no need to be scared. I won’t hurt you.” He probably looked pretty menacing, Wolfglare was glad that he hadn’t gotten much blood on him yet. Otherwise he’d look like a crazed, bloodthirsty rogue. “Just stay with me. I’ll protect you.” He meowed, rather awkwardly. He didn’t know how else to go about the situation, his icy blue eyes holding some semblance of worry and some of discomfort. But only because he was terrible at handling the hinges like this. His ears stayed trained for any possible danger approaching them, knowing he could easily fend off a cat or two, were they to attack. Even if one caught him by surprise, he’d be fine. He could just squish them. So he kept most of his attention, even though awkward, on the young apprentice.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.